Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What did you BUY FOR your 6.0 today?

315K views 4K replies 392 participants last post by  Spikeophant 
#1 ·
A little off-shoot from the "What did you do to your 6.0 today?" mega thread.
Very simple idea here, show what you bought for your 6.0 today.

Today was an expensive one for me:
-Upper and lower balljoints, both sides
-Center links
-NUC Oil by-pass filter kit
-Couple bottles of Archoil

Looking forward to posting install photos in the "What did you do to your 6.0 today?" thread.

#2 ·
Technically not today but over the weekend...
Clockspring to fix cruise horn and airbag light and even better:
Wicked wheel 2 to replace my k&n crippled stock impeller.

Reactions: TurboMustang370
#4 ·
Now we can see just how long it takes you guys to install your new upgrades from when you buy them and post here and when they get installed on the what did you do to your 6.0 thread! :evillol: Anyway, I bought some amsoil cetane booster.

Reactions: Stiles
#3,199 ·
Got a wild hair last night and bought new wheels. Still waiting to get tires but that should be here shortly
Damn, Army pay must have really improved since the 70's when I was in. I couldn't afford anything! Bought a 74 Mustang at Ft Hood and left it home when I went to Germany. After my allotments going home for car payments, I lived on CQ and guard duty just to make some spending money. For the first 6 months over there my pay was so f-ed up I remember writing my mom begging her to send some money after payday came and my pay was $0 To make it even worse, Jimmy Carter capped our pay every year, while inflation was running around 13% - 15%. Interest rate on my first home in 1980 after I got out was 16.5%

Reactions: Kryptic_361
#7 ·
This week so far 2 new batteries, ball joints, hubs and seals, ball joint press. Most of the parts showed up today the rest should be here next week.

#2,623 ·
Take that back that crap sux should be illegal, flush the hell out of your truck back flush it also then run 12 gallons of distilled water threw it then get some ELC for it CAT ELC or something some form I use NAPA heavy duty it’s purple/pinkish the reason I saw a experiment there were 4 pots on a stove 1 with ford gold 1 with cat ELC 1 with NAPA heavy duty and one with auto zone green coolant pots were all equally as hot , the ford gold turned into a solid block(no wonder oil coolers fail) the ELC turned into small pebbles not near like ford gold the auto zone pebbles but it took longer to turn and NAPA turned into a goo with no rock inside so in theory the goo will still go threw oil cooler the pebbles clog it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Barder Stage 3 68mm
Warren Diesel 205/75
Fass Titanium
Driven Diesel RR
Oil and filter
Ballistic joints for traction bars
Harley front grill and headlights (going to paint to match the truck)

.....and i'm broke!:hehe:

Jeremy

#11 ·
Freaking better be!!!:lol2: I literally pulled the trigger on the fuel system mods while we were texting earlier and immediately had buyers remorse. Think I might cancel it and build my own Fuel Labs setup.

Jeremy

#12 ·
Dropped some coin today on mine. X code leaf springs and Bilstein 5100's all around. Hoping that it'll fix my not so quality ride. Not to mention '08 style side mirrors last week. And just sent the black caps off to get color matched.

#20 ·
#15 ·
Cat delete pipe. MBRP, $39 from jegs

My neighbor drives a Prius.

#16 ·
Oil, filter, Revx. Also this week, replacing the body mounts.

#19 · (Edited)
new riff raff boots and a new tri pilar gauge set up.
egt,boost and trans. plus ordered my tow tune and the revisions to my loony and street tune for the stage 2 trubo. :thumb: feels like christmas :woot:

only down side is I spent my tailgate money on a 92 shasta county sheriffs bronco. actualy got the bronco for less than the taillgate i wanted. plan to fix it up and flip it...then i can afford the tailgate :hehe:

Reactions: backhoebill
#21 ·
Just ordered more Archoil 9100, and a gogo soleniod.

#23 ·
Kenwood DNX571HD head unit & backup camera.

Reactions: BTL
#24 ·
I GOT my riff raff boots today but no time to install them whole week has been eaten up by the new bronco, will be nice when i am done though :thumb:

also ordered a replacement for my coolant filter

question:
anyone have a good connection for 92 bronco parts?
especially still need a good set of front seats and a shift linkage cable from the shift tube on the column to the trans.
i HOPE i have everything else on order

Reactions: BTL
#30 ·
SPD tune. Switching from Looney

My neighbor drives a Prius.

Reactions: dunk100
#31 ·
#37 ·
I am interested to hear how these work for you. Sometime in the next 10k I think I may be needing brakes done.