Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
3581 - 3594 of 3594 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
How is the quality of those and can you link me? I need to do mine as well.
The quality seems really nice. I was expecting them to be shiney but they came in black. The part number on the box and pipe is correct and says it’s aluminized steel. I don’t care that they are black, not going to see them anyway.
I bought them from summit racing.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The quality seems really nice. I was expecting them to be shiney but they came in black. The part number on the box and pipe is correct and says it’s aluminized steel. I don’t care that they are black, not going to see them anyway.
I bought them from summit racing.
I kind of like the black look, tbh.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 F250 CCSB
82 Posts
Picked up some ‘17 Lariat wheels on Craigslist this evening for a cool $400. Been keeping my eyes out for a while now and finally found some and looking forward to putting them on this weekend!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You got those JBL's? How do you like them? Did you add an amp or are you running RMS from the head unit?

So, after figuring out that I had no power to LR speaker, I had to run wire from the Amp to the speaker harness (I just tapped into the factory wiring under the sill plate). Then my RR went out . Finished tapping into that harness today. The JBLs went into the rear BTW.
The speakers sound nice. I find the tweeters can be a little tiny (see below, might be an explanation for that) and the lows are a bit lacking. These speakers need a sub or paired with some hard hitting speakers...... Fortunately I have some pioneers up front that hit pretty good, not SW hard, but they carry bass well.
I should note, I have some substantial hearing loss in the 6k range, worse in the left, so it does effect what I can hear, or "how" I hear it (might explain why I think the tweeters are tinny).
Overall, these fill the cab of my truck really well. I did use speaker pods, it makes a difference. Ill pull these out one more time and make a mdf mount for them. I'm not happy with the cheap "converters" to go from 5x8 to 6.5.

Oh yeah, my truck is a super cab, so the tweeters sit right below my ear level and just a tiny bit behind (inches).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts
So, after figuring out that I had no power to LR speaker, I had to run wire from the Amp to the speaker harness (I just tapped into the factory wiring under the sill plate). Then my RR went out . Finished tapping into that harness today. The JBLs went into the rear BTW.
The speakers sound nice. I find the tweeters can be a little tiny (see below, might be an explanation for that) and the lows are a bit lacking. These speakers need a sub or paired with some hard hitting speakers...... Fortunately I have some pioneers up front that hit pretty good, not SW hard, but they carry bass well.
I should note, I have some substantial hearing loss in the 6k range, worse in the left, so it does effect what I can hear, or "how" I hear it (might explain why I think the tweeters are tinny).
Overall, these fill the cab of my truck really well. I did use speaker pods, it makes a difference. Ill pull these out one more time and make a mdf mount for them. I'm not happy with the cheap "converters" to go from 5x8 to 6.5.

Oh yeah, my truck is a super cab, so the tweeters sit right below my ear level and just a tiny bit behind (inches).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
You know, I've heard as much about those speakers, so I don't think it's you're hearing. But, what I have heard is they're very crisp, so if you planned to add a sub, then adding bass blockers to them would zero out the bass anyways. As far as the tweeters go, I haven't heard that, but they could be too low on the image as you suggested. Any idea what happened to your power? What converters did you use, plastic, acrylic, or metal? I've seen some very nice CNC'd versions out there.

3581 - 3594 of 3594 Posts