Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
3561 - 3580 of 3594 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Been buying parts for a few weeks. Got more coming. This is what i have for now. Engine harness, injector harness, gp harness, bd up pipes, diesel site elbow and water pump, oem oil cooler kit, and some studs. Still waiting on heads, gaskets, and need to decide on injectors. Thats my biggest question, who to buy from and what size to meet my goal and keep alittle drivability. Thinking 190/205 for sure. Also need a hpop to handle said injectors and some better monitoring. Planning a cts 3.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Since my last post, i have received a bunch and ordered some more. I now have KDD aluminum heads and am waiting for their stage 2 cam kit and some of their pistons to show up. Odawg SR3 intake, Fass fuel system, XDP regulated return with fuel bowl delete, and abunch of small stuff like glow plugs and stand pipes. Hopefully wont be much longer before i get to install all of this.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Damn, im the only one buying parts for their 6.0? I know that can't be true, lol.

Eitherway i forgot these came in last week. KDD stage 2 cam kit and their machined and coated piston kit.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Damn, im the only one buying parts for their 6.0? I know that can't be true, lol.

Eitherway i forgot these came in last week. KDD stage 2 cam kit and their machined and coated piston kit.

I got Smart and stopped pumping $$$$$ into one 😂😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I got Smart and stopped pumping $$$$$ into one
Oh this isnt for my daily, ive got a new gmc Denali for that. This is just a toy or side project. Trying to get this 2wd ccsb into the 11's in the quarter. Traction will be my biggest challenge.

But yes to your comment, i still own both of mine but they dont cost me money unless i let them. Surprising how cheap the maintenance and operating costs are when u never drive them. LMFAO

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Wow nice boat! Just kidding looks like you got everything to put her together(y)

Randy
Wasnt sure if that was directed towards me till i scrolled back and saw i had it in one pic. Its an 04 Reinell C230, does its job well but thats another thing i have an itch to upgrade. Really thinking i need a new v drive in my life. But thats another story. Gotta get some projects finished. Lol

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
well i bought 4 gallons of t6 and some archoil...
after rebuilding my front end last summer i havent done anything but get some new winter tires
wasnt sure what i would think of them but i got kenati trail hogs and they are the best riding working tire i ever had on this thing...dont expect to get the 70k i got out of my bfgs but they sure work better in our slick arse mud clay base and studded have been outstanding in snow/ice.
to take some of the pressue off the truck being the only working dauly in the family right now i did find a 32,000 mile geo storm for the wife and for trips to reno etc 10 bucks instead of 50 in the truck just for fuel and i love these little cars.
hope to pick it up next week...

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Lots of really expensive oil (and Archoil) here too, feels like I just did an oil change but the odometer tells a different tale

·
It is What IT is
1,750 Posts
I haven't been on for a while. traveling like crazy. but home now for a bit. got some goodies for my girl:

1. KC SS water pump
2. Mishimoto silicone coolant hoses in Red
3. New CAT/Cummins ELC
4. Gauges, Isspro ---> boost, fuel pressure, EGT and Trans Temp.
5. Gauge pod and some accessories. Had it professionally painted for $20 since they wanted $58 to ship a can of paint.
6. New coolant and oil temp sensors.
7. new EGR valve. This is the last one. Next is a delete.
8. KC 360 extreme turbo rebuild kit with unison ring (for my son's F350) I did my rebuild a few months ago
9. new LED headlight bulbs (had hids for a long time, one burned out)
10. new LED Fog lights (had stock)
11. New Harley Davidson headlight housings
12. Trans fluid and filters
13. 6 gallons of Valvoline blue. 5-40. I've been a T6 fan for a long time, but they are hosing us here on the price, even
on amazon. So I get it from Cummins for about $17 a gallon (Corporate discount from my bestie)
14. 6 oil filters and 6 fuel filters from dieselfiltersonline.com
15. new oring for the oil filler neck
16. new oring for the ccv hose
17. new belt.
18. two new Motorcraft batteries.

But the best part is I sent my KR steering wheel to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel and had the KR leather redone. Had the do the entire wheel in KR leather. Not two tone. Plus extra padding and a red racing stripe. Wheel is on its way back and should be here Tuesday. They do amazing work. Shipping charges were about 175 bucks total and the cost of the work was about $480 for their work. I will post pics when get it. She still runs like a Swiss clock!

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
I ordered a new radio for my truck.

Does anyone know if I need to buy one of those radio -to- antenna adaptors?

NVM - I ordered one anyway.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I ordered a new radio for my truck.

Does anyone know if I need to buy one of those radio -to- antenna adaptors?

NVM - I ordered one anyway.
What did you order - just curious I put a pioneer in mine. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
I bought a Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX, Maestro iDatalink RR2 + F01 Harness, eRapta ERT11, and some misc. related items.

I've never upgraded a car / truck radio before. And I don't even know if the RR2 + F01 Harness will work with my truck (aside from just steering wheel controls). It'd be awesome if it'll allow me to have my gauges on the screen but isn't a "make-or-break" thing.

I was mostly after the Wireless Apple CarPlay but I didn't want to go any larger than the Double-Din screen size. They make ones that are massive. Like you have an iPad in your face, FFS.

Wish me luck!

EDIT

I should add: I'm going to replace the stock speakers eventually as well. Nothing crazy. Whatever I choose will be better than what're in there now, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I bought a Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX, Maestro iDatalink RR2 + F01 Harness, eRapta ERT11, and some misc. related items.

I've never upgraded a car / truck radio before. And I don't even know if the RR2 + F01 Harness will work with my truck (aside from just steering wheel controls). It'd be awesome if it'll allow me to have my gauges on the screen but isn't a "make-or-break" thing.

I was mostly after the Wireless Apple CarPlay but I didn't want to go any larger than the Double-Din screen size. They make ones that are massive. Like you have an iPad in your face, FFS.

Wish me luck!

EDIT

I should add: I'm going to replace the stock speakers eventually as well. Nothing crazy. Whatever I choose will be better than what're in there now, I'm sure.
I still have to connect the steering wheel controls on mine, little bit of work due to different resistance values on Ford wheel compared to what Pioneer requires. Hasn't been high on priority list.

I was planning on changing speakers but after playing with EQ and loudness settings get acrually good sound out of the stock speakers. Waiting until I blow them up - been 3 years so far.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
That’s pretty much where my logic is, too.

I rarely listen to music when in the 6.0. I like to listen to the engine & exhaust. (Same for my IDI.)

But, maybe when I have my music library available that’ll change.

I’m primarily seeking the ability to receive a phone call while driving and traffic alerts.

I keep my phone on silent 24/7 and when I get in the truck, I stash it in the overhead storage area. I usually forget about it and leave in there haha.

I’m not a text’r. No social media. No GAF about looking at my phone, especially while driving.

This behavior has caused me to miss a call from the wife needing me to do X, Y, or Z while out.

The 6.7 always has the radio on as there’s nothing else to listen to haha.

·
Registered
760 Posts

Wish me luck!

EDIT

It should be a fairly easy install, most harnesses are plug and play, today. When you get ready to do your speakers, check these out: jbl gto609c. They're actually fantastic and the prices have come down tremendously.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It should be a fairly easy install, most harnesses are plug and play, today. When you get ready to do your speakers, check these out: jbl gto609c. They're actually fantastic and the prices have come down tremendously.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Just installed a pair in my truck today. Price is right, but mine didn't come with any speaker wire, so have some wire handy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

3561 - 3580 of 3594 Posts