Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.”--
Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its' own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on, would save one-half the wars of the world."--
Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them."--
Thomas Jefferson

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”--
Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."--
Thomas Jefferson

“To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. ”--
Thomas Jefferson

·
california deplorable
10,493 Posts
great thread idea!
i LOVE jefferson...hope to live in the state of jefferson one of these days :please:

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.

I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.

I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

and a personal favorite...
I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts