Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have skimmed through the forums quickly but never found the exact answer to my question.

I just picked up an 01' F250 4x4 w/ the 7.3 and I am starting to mod it. I have already picked up a 4" exhaust from the turbo back.

My next mod will be a chip/ programmer and I was wonder what ya'll prefer. I have been looking at the edge juice w/ additude but was wondering if there is anything out there that is better.

I would really like to be able to adjust the performace on the fly depening on my driving conditions. I know a guy who has a cummins w/ a box that has a knob w/ 6 settings 0 being stock and 6 being max. I would like to get something like this but wanted your opinions 1st. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
1.your exhaust is a great start
2. open up the intake, i suggest the DIY intake
3. GAUGES...boost, pyro, and tranny
4. get yourself a custom tuned chip, DP tuner, TWchip, PHP....there are a ton of custom tuned threads on the org..just search for them
and don't even touch the EDGE....that is if you want to blow out your tranny......the custom tuned chips will allow you for the safest possiblity horsepower that your truck and produce..and will alow for shifiting on the fly settings

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Exhaust, intake (IMPORTANT), gauges (JUST AS IMPORTANT), upgraded torque converter (now or later), power hungry performance custom chip. (DP Tuner and Tony Wildman are good but with PHP it's less expensive and easier to get ahold of the man.)

That's what I'd do anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.your exhaust is a great start
2. open up the intake, i suggest the DIY intake
3. GAUGES...boost, pyro, and tranny
4. get yourself a custom tuned chip, DP tuner, TWchip, PHP....there are a ton of custom tuned threads on the org..just search for them
and don't even touch the EDGE....that is if you want to blow out your tranny......the custom tuned chips will allow you for the safest possiblity horsepower that your truck and produce..and will alow for shifiting on the fly settings
I'm gonna do the DIY cold air and gauges but have been taking care of a few other problems 1st. I will take a look a the above mentioned chips/ tuners. Thanks!

This truck was bought as a project so it will be a long process but once done I think it will be real nice. Picked it up for 6k:woot:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just ordered my chip last night from Power Hungry Performance as well Great people to deal with and the chip I ordered is a 6pos switch on the fly chip that I can put any of there tunes on myself when ever I want to Which was a cool Idea to me called the FU package any of the above tuners TW or DP from what I have read on here are awesome tuners and all speak highly of one another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a Tony Wildman chip a couple days ago and it seemed like a great deal to me. 6 custom tunes, shift on the fly, with shipping was right around $490. And as you do more performance mods to your truck (turbo, injectors, etc.) you can send the chip back and have it reburned to match your truck for free.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Stay a way from the mag adds. If you read the specs on some of the fetured trucks in the mags you will not find a Edge or Banks or bullydog or superchips on thoes trucks. People in the know such as the great people here on the ORG will recamend the best. All that has been recamended come highly recamended for a reason.

Any other questions or products of concerns just ask:thumb:

·
Supporting Vendor
363 Posts
I ordered a Tony Wildman chip a couple days ago and it seemed like a great deal to me. 6 custom tunes, shift on the fly, with shipping was right around $490. And as you do more performance mods to your truck (turbo, injectors, etc.) you can send the chip back and have it reburned to match your truck for free.
I think you'll be really pleased. Tony's a great guy and a great tuner!

·
Registered
195 Posts
which one do you suggest?
STC
Edge
Bully Dog
TS performance
Quadzilla
Superchip
Diablo sport

Any other???
i'm looking for better milage and some hp

thanks
arriero

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
STC
Edge
Bully Dog
TS performance
Quadzilla
Superchip
Diablo sport

Any other???

thanks
arriero
None of the Above

·
Registered
195 Posts
PHP? i live far from the states, so i dont want to buy something that i'd throw away after a few miles....

i just checked PHP, what do you thinks about this ones? any suggestions?

thanks

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
STC NO
Edge NO
Bully Dog NO
TS performance NO
Quadzilla NO
Superchip NO
Diablo sport NO

Any other???

thanks
arriero
I put my opinion in red next to them.

PHP? i live far from the states, so i dont want to buy something that i'd throw away after a few miles....

thanks
Then don't get any generic tuners, get custom.

I don't have PHP tuning, i have TW, but if i ever wanted to try someone elses tunes, they would be at the top of my list. The seem to know their stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the one I am going with as well. A guy who owns a shop sent me a pm on here and gave me tons of options. I how you can set the TW chip up to meet your every need and I think he quoted me less than that. He also said that you get up to 3 retunes if you are not happy with what you get the 1st time. He the went over all other types of stuff I could do and I really appreciated him taking 45 minutes of his day to discuss all the options and mods since I am new to modding diesels. I will be buying most of my stuff from him. Great Guy:thumb:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
This is the one I am going with as well. A guy who owns a shop sent me a pm on here and gave me tons of options. I how you can set the TW chip up to meet your every need and I think he quoted me less than that. He also said that you get up to 3 retunes if you are not happy with what you get the 1st time. He the went over all other types of stuff I could do and I really appreciated him taking 45 minutes of his day to discuss all the options and mods since I am new to modding diesels. I will be buying most of my stuff from him. Great Guy:thumb:
You wont find it for less than the price listed unless it is used. Price depends on the number of settings so maybe he was talking about fewer tunes. Also you can get it reburnt for free, AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, not limited to 3.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

thanks
Do you have a 7.3 or 6.0? 2003 was a split year. Everyone here was talking about 7.3s:thumb:

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have the 6.0. Stock by the moment. planning to do the Zoodad, exhaust, intake elbow and probably EGR. Here in Chile there aren't many Superdutys, so you can imagine that every mod is going to be DIY.
So, PHP or TW by now....

thanks
arriero

1 - 20 of 25 Posts