Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 f350 7.3 I just got it :woot:...What can I do to get the best mileage. Right now it's getting 16-17 around town and 20-21 on highway .......What chip should I get to add more power and fuel mileage. Also its got a BD exhaust retarder ..will that hurt the truck or is it OK? :dunno:

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
WELCOME TO ORG ! ! ! and for the 7.3 go with a DP-Tuner or Tony Wildman(Total Diesel Performance) with custom tunes thats as good as it gets for the 7.3's

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
99 f350 7.3 I just got it :woot:...What can I do to get the best mileage. Right now it's getting 16-17 around town and 20-21 on highway .......What chip should I get to add more power and fuel mileage. Also its got a BD exhaust retarder ..will that hurt the truck or is it OK? :dunno:
I don't wanna hijack, but how are you driving it to get 20-21 hwy, i get like 16 or 17

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cruise control ...dont really know I put it on cruise control on the high way i've yet to burn a full tank yet but so far it seems good...we'll see what the end result is when I have to refuel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
welcome to the org. happy hunting.

caryt, how do you like the stealth and fuel mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
look at running full synthetic in all your drivetrain. this will help your mileage a little

1 - 8 of 8 Posts