Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2012 f250 6.7 and I only have 2k miles on it.... is it even safe to start doing any mods and if so what can be acceptable... thank you!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking even just a cat back exhaust just to get some sound out of it lol its TOO quiet

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was thinking even just a cat back exhaust just to get some sound out of it lol its TOO quiet
thats not going to do anything if you want noise u gotta get the dpf off there then shes pretty dang loud

·
Registered
539 Posts
ill also add the 6.7 is considerably louder than the 6.4 straight piped

·
Registered
61 Posts
i did the five inch dpf back kit and it does nothing except look a TON nicer with a six inch tip. No noise difference at all!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about just putting a CAI on the truck.. will that be ok by its self or will it need a tune with it

·
Registered
17 Posts
I loaded mine with an EDGE CTS unit with low miles, and have had great success. Good mileage,the extra gauges on the screen help a lot. Runs smoother and Never any negative effect on the truck (codes or warranties). Mind you i don't push my rig hard often, just on program one all the time and get 13.8 L/kms,I even tow in that level. I too want to add an exhaust but nervous about cutting the DPF. This site has me thinking about adding so much........ i can see learning this stuff will cost me lots of $$$$ but fun !!!

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I usually tell people to wait till after your first oil change to start modding your truck, if anything major will happen, it will usually happen in the first 5000 miles, but if you got the cash and don't care about warranty, GAME ON!!! :nod:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Made it 2 days and 230 miles before put my Edge EVOHT on. I was not going to remove DPF or get exhaust I told myself and friends. 5k miles I now have an H&S XRT Pro and AFE DPF delete. Couldn't be more happy!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I left the stock "mufflers" and startup on a cooler morning it doesn't wake up my neighbors 1 month old in their room and their 1.5 yr old upstairs right above them. My truck is parked less than a stones throw away from that. At WOT it is louder but not extreme like i've heard some other Powerstrokes in the area. Inside you can barely hear it at all if everything is off.

Most of the videos on YouTube weren't that good to show how loud it really it is. If we go to our shop tonight I'll bring my good video camera and not iPhone to show.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im at 5k miles now.... I wanna do Intake exhaust, egr and dpf delete.... is that all a good idea or should I wait a little longer... I hardly drive it cause Im in afghanistan so much but when i do I wanna be heard :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Either my cab is super duper insulated, or a suckling pig crawled into my exhaust. I have a 5" straight pipe from the down pipe back and it is "louder" but I would say equal to a stock Mustang GT.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Either my cab is super duper insulated, or a suckling pig crawled into my exhaust. I have a 5" straight pipe from the down pipe back and it is "louder" but I would say equal to a stock Mustang GT.
Idk. Mine has a 5 inch straight pipe and it's way louder than my old f150 with straight pipes. I went under a bridge yesterday and floored it. I thought my ears were about to bust, and I've been around drag cars and loud trucks my whole life so I don't think my ears are really sensitive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Idk. Mine has a 5 inch straight pipe and it's way louder than my old f150 with straight pipes. I went under a bridge yesterday and floored it. I thought my ears were about to bust, and I've been around drag cars and loud trucks my whole life so I don't think my ears are really sensitive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
My previous truck 5.3L Z71 with cat back Gibson was louder than my current rig, wife's C6 Corvette long tube catless headers 3" mid with B&B exhaust way louder, Harley VROD with V&H Indy exhaust = obnoxious. The super duty with the 5" exhaust IS louder, but during normal driving conditions is closer to stock than the sound of a muscle car with an aftermarket exhaust. I love the sound with the straight pipe and that its smooth sounding and doesn't vibrate inside the cab. Question: when I installed mine, it touched the frame and I could hear it vibrating against it, I took a pry bar and moved it away about 1/4" then retightened the flange, did you have this issue?

LOUD

OBNOXIOUS

SMOOTH :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we are getting off track here lol... I was thinking 5 inch exhaust (straight), DPF and EGR delete, and a CAI..... is that all ok with only 5k miles on my truck

·
Registered
147 Posts
we are getting off track here lol... I was thinking 5 inch exhaust (straight), DPF and EGR delete, and a CAI..... is that all ok with only 5k miles on my truck
I'm not sure why you're questioning at 5k miles? You can do all those mods right off the lot, drive normally and have the same results as driving stock for the life of the truck. Will those mods most likely void your warranty? YES

If you punish the truck modded, it wil fail. If you punish your truck stock, it will fail.

Break in periods are subjective.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts