Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 f350 stock 7.3 liter with 100,000 miles. it has a small lift kit and bigger tires. im new to the diesel world..any suggestions on what i can do to make it faster?? is there anything i can do that doesnt require a ton of money, like modifying existing parts??

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
how much you looking to spend?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
But the basics are Intake, exhaust, and chip. intake and exhaust are DIY

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
1 6637 intake
2 exhaust including downpipe
3 gauges
4 Chip from Tony Wildman
from there it starts to get a bit of expensive
5 inner cooler
6 injectors
7 turbo

·
Registered
106 Posts
1 6637 intake
3 gauges
4 Chip from Tony Wildman
5 inner cooler
6 injectors
7 turbo
I would do injectors before the innercooler. But then again my options on a innercooler for a van are limted. I think you can get hybrid injectors first that you can change the flow on as you add upgrades such as innercooler or turbo. Does that sound right to everyone else(as far as the hybrids go)?

·
Registered
617 Posts
hybrids and a turbo go hand and hand..your egts will be way high and here will just be to much fuel

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I would do injectors before the innercooler. But then again my options on a innercooler for a van are limted. I think you can get hybrid injectors first that you can change the flow on as you add upgrades such as innercooler or turbo. Does that sound right to everyone else(as far as the hybrids go)?
no you have it A$$ backwords. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
1 6637 intake
3 gauges
4 Chip from Tony Wildman
5 inner cooler
6 injectors
7 turbo
:nod:

ill let others suggest vendors. get your chrip from Tony Wildman though. I hear a good place for injectors is DIY-Injectors.com. (Rosewood Diesel)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya'll are right. My options are limited in the van though. I can't put an innercooler on it. I'd have to do water/meth or something. In my case I will do injectors with the stock turbo before I deal with that.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
i have a 95 f350 stock 7.3 liter with 100,000 miles. it has a small lift kit and bigger tires. im new to the diesel world..any suggestions on what i can do to make it faster?? is there anything i can do that doesnt require a ton of money, like modifying existing parts??
Best thing to know first is what kind of budget you are working with, you can do the basics, intake, guages, exhaust, custom chip for around a grand, after that it starts getting pricey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts