Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rooster!!
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bunch of biostations around here and i would love to take advantage of them but i dont want to put it in my truck if i gonna screw it up so my question is what blends can i put in my 95 with 225xxx miles

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
You can run 100%. The worse thing that will happen is if you have crap in your tank, the B100 is going to act like a colon cleanse. So I would carry a spare fuel filter with you if it ends up clogging on you. Once your tank/tanks are flushed with 1 or 2 tanks of a High Bio concentration you will be good to go, and it wont ever plug on you, will also have probably the cleanest tank the truck has seen in 14 years.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
if you have non-synthetic rubber this will occur. i hav ebeen told that the PSD has synthetic rubber and steel fuel lines.

from what i ahve read, you will need to change them in the idi's. but it couldnt hurt to check just to know what you have.

·
Registered
424 Posts
thanks, a good solid answer, also i was told to change fuel lines, because the bio causes them to degrade
Running B20 will never harm the fuel hoses but B100 or B99 will degrade the two return hoses from the heads to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator). This will not happen over night but the two hoses will start to sweat then will turn in to a black sticky goo. Monitor them. Other than those hoses our trucks LOVE biodiesel. I can name at least five OBS PSDs that have had this hose meltdown but that should not sway you from running it.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Between my father and I we had a 95 OBS that we ran from the day we bought it on B100 and Bio/#2 blend for winter. Switched over to WVO when ever it was to operating temp. 50k later, hoses still werent sweating when we sold it. Not to say that it wont happen, because my dads 82 Mercedes 300D he has to change a 24" piece of hose every 10,000 miles because its sweats.

For a 7.3 PSD I would go B100 as much and as often as you can. :thumb:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not to say that it wont happen, because my dads 82 Mercedes 300D he has to change a 24" piece of hose every 10,000 miles because its sweats.
The injector return lines? We have the same car. Mine has been retrofitted with bioD compatible fuel hoses and it will never sweat ever again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts