Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F250. I have a line on a good bed off of an 05. Will it fit?

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
99-08 bed will fit.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
What Dave said.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
as long as its the same length, they are the same 99-08 like said above, the only thing that may change is the location of the 8 bed bolts. The holes in the bed might move, but the coresponding holes are already pre-drilled in the frame, you will just have to move the nut plates on the frame :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I figured it would fit, but it was easier to defer to the experts.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
as long as its the same length, they are the same 99-08 like said above, the only thing that may change is the location of the 8 bed bolts. The holes in the bed might move, but the coresponding holes are already pre-drilled in the frame, you will just have to move the nut plates on the frame :thumb:
Hole locations didnt change:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Hole locations didnt change:thumb:
00 CCLB 4X4 XLT, to a 03 CCLB 6.0 King Ranch they did. We put the 03 body on my wrecked 00 for my dad. Its the 2nd row of bolts back they go through a different bed cross member, there is like 5 or 6 rows of cross members under the bed and only 4 sets of bolts. No big deal because all the holes are pre punched in the frame from the factory, just had to moved the nut clips. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
00 CCLB 4X4 XLT, to a 03 CCLB 6.0 King Ranch they did. We put the 03 body on my wrecked 00 for my dad. Its the 2nd row of bolts back they go through a different bed cross member, there is like 5 or 6 rows of cross members under the bed and only 4 sets of bolts. No big deal because all the holes are pre punched in the frame from the factory, just had to moved the nut clips. :thumb:
Weird We just did a 99 crew cab XLT to an 08 crew cab lariat bed swap didnt have to change a thing:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Weird We just did a 99 crew cab XLT to an 08 crew cab lariat bed swap didnt have to change a thing:dunno:
Yeah there isnt any rhyme or reason to why, we swapped the bed and when we were putting the bolts back in" I was like "where the heck did the nut plates go?" Because the bolt dropped right in and through hole in frame Then I looked in each bed side by side saw that one of the center rows was moved. So we had to pick the bed up a few inches and swap the nut plates. :dunno:

Frame was a 00CCLB XLT 4x4 offroad 6spd man, bed and body was an 03 CCLB King Ranch FX4 5 spd auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts