1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than A year to go 2020 election.
Well its pretty simple Reply with a simple R,D Or UD

R

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Right leaning conservative independent. I vote for what I feel is in my own best interests. Usually that is low taxes and personal freedoms. Some may say those are Republican ideals, but I have a hard time belonging to groups. Same reason I've ridden motorcycles for 45 years and never joined a club.

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,271 Posts
I'm.................a voter! :usa:

·
california deplorable
10,469 Posts
well i like to think i am a decent moral easy going guy who believes in freedom above all else...
but there are some who have crossed me or mine and think i am a deplorable ornery SOB so...
i guess its all in who ya ask :p

oh and @Old King Coal
i dont think of you are extremely right wing..more a well reasoned center right...
not sure what that says about me

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
973 Posts
well i like to think i am a decent moral easy going guy who believes in freedom above all else...

oh and @Old King Coal
i dont think of you are extremely right wing..more a well reasoned center right...
not sure what that says about me
You are.

And that's ok.

I assure you, I am.

·
california deplorable
10,469 Posts
did you basically just say...
"i know you are but what am I?" :p

·
california deplorable
10,469 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
973 Posts
You are. a decent moral easy going guy who believes in freedom above all else...

And that’s ok.

I assure you, I am. Extremely Right Wing
Haha. @john galt. That didn’t translateas well as I’d hoped. This should clear things up. If not, I wasn’t attacking you.

·
california deplorable
10,469 Posts
nah i figured... but hey its been a long day and i just thought that was funny...
of course some days i might be a tad overly easily amused? :p
and by some day...i mean, probably most of the time :tard:

·
california deplorable
10,469 Posts
and as too you being extreme...
i tend to agree with at least 99% of what you post so ...
to me you just seem a reasonable guy...
ok dead horse going to stop beating it now 🤣

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
American

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm just a simple man with a simplistic view of the world. I believe people know enough about something to think they're right, but not enough to know they're wrong. Question everything!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I'm just a simple man with a simplistic view of the world. I believe people know enough about something to think they're right, but not enough to know they're wrong. Question everything!

I’ve always thought an awful lot of people out there know 10% of what they think they know.....

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
You sound like an optimist to me....;-)
BTL

·
Registered
157 Posts
Right leaning conservative independent. I vote for what I feel is in my own best interests. Usually that is low taxes and personal freedoms. Some may say those are Republican ideals, but I have a hard time belonging to groups. Same reason I've ridden motorcycles for 45 years and never joined a club.
Pretty much where I'm at, though officially I am registered as "Unenrolled" which allows me to participate in one or the other major parties primary, I choose the party based on what I see as needing my opinion/vote.

In the final election, my vote has always been toward the fiscally conservative candidate, which has not always lead to a winner, ie Ross Perot etal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let me start with i have never voted... I would vote when candidates write their plans of action in order of what their goals were while in office, and in the booth that would be my source of information and i could intake the information and decide. I'm not a fan of the process... i dont care what they did personally, who they might of grabbed, who they've slept with, how creepy they are, how their person life is, or how they talk to people... i dont have to like my boss or get a long with him. I just need to know he's making decisions based on the best information they can acquire and the benefit of majority, which sometimes might not include me but thats how it goes.

I feel recently the goal is not to improve on what we have but to complete "the task", which the task is being elected. If a certain decision gets more votes.. then thats their stance. Its like they are building a football team, cant make all the right decisions but have to find the right combinations to win with. Which in some ways reflects where we are as a society, we are shifting our requests. I dont know why i find it irritating that 90% of the conversations i get dragged into start with how decisions affect them and how this person will give them this or that... not how it affects the country as a whole or how it affects the next generation quality of life/country. I think that thought process has been lost...

Was that a rant? What was the question again?

Edit: just to clarify... this is my opinion, not pushing it on anyone or attempting to contradict. I was clicking through new threads and this popped up, when i read the election is coming up i rolled my eyes thinking i have to go through the process again. Kind of like when i have to listen on the news (which i dont do much..) to not drink bleach because it does stop the corona virus... and i have to think that enough people were actually convinced of this, so much so that i have to listen on the local news not to drink bleach.... i think something is broken here. ha ha... anyway, if it matters... '90s kid, that was imported in the early 80's. this is my complaint slash rant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts