Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other day I was under the hood of my truck and noticed some wires by the brake booster that are cut and some that look like they were spliced into. Maybe y'all can give me an idea as to what exactly they go to.
The pics:

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance! (Sorry about the crappy quality, cell phone pics)

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The four dangling look like brake controller wires.
The three going into the master cylinder is idk.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I believe those are auxiliary wires, but I can't recall if they're for elevated idle (like would be on ambulances and wreckers) or something like elec/trailer brakes.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a trailer brake wired in under the dash? It could be for a high idle, it did used to be a pipeline truck..

Any clues about the plug in the bottom if the brake thing? The insulation on the wires were stripped just like it had something spliced in..

·
Registered
417 Posts
they are just the pass through wires, the other ends are under the dash. they are so you can hook up accessories and not have to find a way through the firewall.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are just the pass through wires, the other ends are under the dash. they are so you can hook up accessories and not have to find a way through the firewall.
So the 7.3s came with these? I never noticed any wires under the dash though? Doesn't mean they're not there, just never noticed it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My 2002 7.3 has em and so does my 2006 6.0. Never knew what they did

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I have the wires in the engine bay too, but never seen em under dash.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are there, above the parking brake i believe but they are there.
Hmm, I'll have to look sometime. But now curiosity has me, what could have been spliced into the plug? All 3 wires are stripped, and truck was all stock when I bought it, except for the lift.

·
Registered
411 Posts
hold that thought a second, i'm going to run out to mine and have a look, i don't remember 4 wires just 2 but let me look

·
Registered
411 Posts
yep 4 wires, they just pass through the firewall, can't remember exactly where in the dash they are but i believe they are behind the fuse panel.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll look next time its not raining and cold. Still stumped on the spliced plug. :dunno:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I usually pull my favorite mods off my truck before I sell it so it probably had lights or something before

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Know the guy and saw the truck on a regular basis. Never had anything that I knew of. I guess I'll ask him the next time I see him.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They are just owner access wires so you don't have to run anything through firewall. Very convenient. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts