Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I am interested in swapping out my cloth bench seats in my '99 to something that's more comfortable. The seats in mine feel like I'm riding on top of the seat instead of in it, if that makes any sense. That being said, what are the best options for swapping in some of the captains chairs/bucket seats I see some of the other year models got? I also only need the front seats - I have extended cab, and usually keep the back folded down anyway.

It seems like all the sets on ebay are for all 4 seats, and people want crazy money for them? Also - are these trucks pre-wired for power seats, and I could just swap in a set of powered seats, or would I have to run the wiring myself? I don't mind the manual seats, just wondering if I should restrict myself to just manual or not. Also, I like having the middle jump seat/console so if thats possible to keep I'd like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i actually just did this yesterday. I have an e99 single cab with the cloth bench seat. I happen to come across a blown excursion eddie bauer edition. I took out the seats and did the swap.

It was no easy task though, the driver side took a lot of modification and fabrication. on the passenger side i took the rails off the bench seat and exchanged with the new bucket seats.

They are super comfortable, leather, armrest, and i can recline. Im super happy with it.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
It was no easy task though,
That's the first I've heard of it not being an easy bolt in swap... the bolt holes are there in the floor, most times already tapped and plugged with plastic caps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the passenger side was exactly that, i just swapped the glide rails from the bench seat and it went right in. Out of the 4 holes on the driver side i could only get 1 to line up.

So i picked one that centered up the seat and fab'd up the other 3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah - yeah..I don't really have any fab skills. I'm looking for something I can unbolt, and bolt right into the same location. Is it correct my truck has a "bench seat"? The drivers seat is adjustable on slides, and has the fold-down console, and then a passenger seat...none of the seats have arm rests or anything.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I believe it is referred to as the 40/20/40 front seat. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. I have the same set up. Driver and passenger are adjustable with the center folding seat. No armrests.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
I don't know if the seats out of a newer truck would bolt in or not. I had a 2014 that had the 40/20/40 seats and they were more comfortable than my Lazyboy in the living room. Oh, I do miss that truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.