Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently been hauling trailers and just want to make sure I'm not over doing it (or pussy footin it).

I've been trying to keep the boost under 31/32 lbs.

I was told if the trans temp gets up to 210* or higher to change the fluid but even with the 28'er, well over weight, I've still only been maxin' out around 164*.

EGT's have been up over 1200*

Engine oil temp hasn't changed much between daily driving it, track outings or towing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Sorry, I forgot to post my truck's specifics...

2006 6.0, auto trans, 4x4, with Bank's cooler, Six gun with PDA, CAC tubes, Intake hat, 3.5" downtube and 4" straight pipe. everything else is stock with 29k miles.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Your oil temps should never exceed 15* hotter than your coolant temps. My truck has hit 225 coolant temps before, but the fan kicks on and drops back to 190 in less than 3 seconds.

My EGT's have hit 1450 before, while towing but only for a second. Typically my EGT's towing are 850ish, not towing EGT's will be between 600*-710.

My transmission has never gotten hotter than 170*. it usually never gets hotter than 162ish while towing unless i'm running her a little hard. I personally do not want my trans temps to get above 180, but that's just me being overly protective.

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FastFocus,
Excellent. Thank you! We're definitely on the same page then.. I appreciate the oil temp to coolant temp ratio, definitely makes sense.
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts