Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with the handle. You don’t need to be getting older to need it. These pickups sit up high. All you have to be is under 6’4” to need the handle.

I got the gauge pod on amazon. The part I like about it, that you others may not like, is the pod just basically sits on top of the stock trim Panel. You can secure it with double sided tape or Velcro, which is what I used, but there is no half the dash being ripped apart to mount it.

Auto Meter (15025 2-1/16" Single Dash Pod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0MX18W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kjc-BbF0NB7TR

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does anyone use the SCT GTX? I'm looking at this:

SCT GTX Performance Tuner & Monitor 2011-2016 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel

This way I could have everything in one and I could sell the X4 and my CTS2, as this looks like both products in 1. The only thing I'll have to figure out is on the tune options I can add 1 which raises the price by $150 or select all 4 which doesn't raise the price at all? Anyway, for anyone using this how is it working out for you? My only complaint with the Edge is that it doesn't fit well in the 6.7s, this one doesn't look much smaller though. The wireless connection and updating seem like a convenience though.

No Limit Edge CTS2 clean Mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys! I was holding out for some Cyber Monday sales hoping some of the stuff at No Limit would go on sale but unfortunately it didn't lol.

Anyway I ended up with the SCT GTX with Tyrant tunes. I decided that I'll just get the 4 tune packs since I know that when I lend the truck to someone I don't want them to have a ton of power but I like to have power so instead of getting two tunes I may as well get all 4. Also I ended up getting the GTX so I could sell the SCT X4 and Edge CTS 2 to recoup some money so by the time I sell them I'll be in like $100 for a new device plus the cost of tunes.

For the delete pipe I ended up with a MBRP simply because it was the cheapest one I could find. I haven't gotten an EGR delete yet, is that something that I absolutely have to have for this to work or is that something that I can add later on down the road?

Reactions: rogersbonntr

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dumb newbie question, can you just unplug the connectors and run a Delete tune but not dismount the big *** exhaust system? Basically keep the same piping? Or will it not flow right?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You need to remove it as it will in a short time period plug the filter. Leaving it in place you will need to hollow it out (stealth delete).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrTommy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Excellent info, thanks JHTX!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts