9,092 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is diy Do it yourself? If so where Do I get the filter? also will it be as good as a s&b?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
DIY is do it yourself
I get mine from Baldwin
You can go to Baldwinfilters.com and put in your zip for dealers in your area then call around for price on a PA2818. I get mine for $36-$38.
Lots of folks use other brands too. But I personally like Baldwin.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Yep its do it yourself. There is a link in that writeup with the part number to order the filter. I was thinking you were looking for a cheap filter as in price? It will filter as good and flow probobly a little less cfms for a fraction of the cost. Of course it won't look as good with the hood popped unless your after the bling:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I personally think that bigger is better is more bling, heck thats why we aren't talking about a geo metro.
You can't get much more bling than this;

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By doing a diy filter can you hear the turbo more?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well i tell you what i have this exact same set up only i have an afe filter on it i will tell you this the filters are small and kinda flimz i am going to just buy the filter that alabamafrog was suggesting i would not spend your money on it because it doesent make the turbo that much louder it doesent sounds very good at all thats why im going with a bigger filter

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
and how do you like the sounds out of your intake filter alabamafrog??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you telling me not to buy the afe filter and to buy this filter PA2818

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alabamafrog with the PA2818 can you hear the turbo more?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How often do you have to change the baldwin filter PA2818 or can you just clean it and reuse it?

·
Registered
771 Posts
you will hear the turbo alot more with an open element filter...

and the dry baldwin or napa filters are replaceable.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I just change mine every two years or so, depends on how dirty it looks. I drive 85% highway and 15% off road.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered a s&b filter kit, a edge evolution new version with monitor and mbrp 4" turbo back exhaust kit. I will let you guys know how it turns out thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
You will be amazed by the power, that is until you pull up against a custom chipped stroke or a dodge.

Just picking, that will be way way better than stock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a buddy thats got a 02 dodge with a edge box and a banks intake I need enough to bust his a$$ Now what?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts