Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can back from a long trip from Ann Harbor Michigan, and I am almost home, so I stopped to get something to drink, so I stopped at a Walgreens and as I am walking out of the store, I hear a scraping sound, I didn't think anything of it, I get in my truck and my girlfriend says the his a huge scrape on the passenger side door, as I get out too look at it, and stupid kid halls a$$ away in a P.O.S. Impala with a bumper hanging down. I couldn't get the plate number, but now I can't go to insurence cuz my rates would jump. So now it is gunna cost 1300 bucks to fix it. And on top of this week I blew out 1st gear in my truck.

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
Wow man that really sucks IDK what to tell you... there was no way to caught up to that pos impala?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Did you check with your insurance yet? Michigan might be different cause we have no fault insurance, but if you parked in a public parking lot and someone damages your vehicle you don't have to pay the deductible and your rates aren't affected.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry about the week man. It sucks when some A-hole tears up your nice stuff and doesn't care.

Good luck getting her fixed.
:Shoot2::50cal::flamethrower:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,273 Posts
I'da ran his a$$ down.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
no i was commin back from michigan i was in illinois when it happened.
No I understand:) The point I didn't get across real well was I didn't know that my insurance company would pay the claim no questions asked for that type of accident until it happend to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, I didn't know that. I will contact them to see if there is anything they can do. thanks guys. it sucks but it happens. But if i ever see that kid again there will be hell to pay

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Man you should have called the cops right there and told them the color and model of the car and tell them the front is all fd up. They would have caught him. I HATE HIT AND RUNS. I had someone back into me and called the cops and he caught them and wrote a big ticket. That way your insurance might have payed it cuz the kid would have tuned his bumper into insurance and they could have caught him that way also.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea here in nebraska the "no fault? rule sux getting hit in a parking lot sucks if you cant get the other person cause nine out of ten times the insurance companys have to battle it out i got screwed on a deal like that but i hope everything comes out ok for you i know how it feels man

·
Registered
145 Posts
Could be worse. At least you didn't get run over by a church van on your motorcycle!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Can you check the stores video camera system to find a plate number?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts