Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my water pump..Lost a whole day of work plus last night which I started on it about 9pm had to take a $40 cab ride home @ 2am!...Geeze anything that could go wrong did!...From snaping a bolt off in the block to breaking the return nipple off the top of the radiator!..What a day! :woot:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
i had no problem on my 97 nor my dads 2000, just time consuming

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well one of the 5 short bolts on top seized from corrosion and snapped with about a 1/2" still in the block one on the bottom started to do the same thing but after working on it for an hour I got that one out just had to clean the threads up with a tap..Thank god I fixed the radiator so I didn't have to spend $300 on a new one..went to home depot and bought some brass barb parts and drilled and tapped into the plastic top on the radiator and also jb weld for added measure so far so good!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and most people probably don't but Im one of those guy's with the worst luck!!:crazy:

·
Registered
690 Posts
your not the only one with bad luck lol i remember in high school i was changing out a thermastate in a parking lot on my 350 and bolt broke off, guess my budy who was with me had good luck and a friend of his drove by and had a tap and a helicoil, worked out good just an hour longer

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your not the only one with bad luck lol i remember in high school i was changing out a thermastate in a parking lot on my 350 and bolt broke off, guess my budy who was with me had good luck and a friend of his drove by and had a tap and a helicoil, worked out good just an hour longer
Yeah but exactly....High School...This SHEETS getting old @ my age!:wink[3]:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts