Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has had an odor in it for about a week now, like a musty smell, I started investigating today. The passenger side carpet it wet after I pulled out the floor mats. It's the center of the floor so I don't think it's coming from the door, I think it's coming in around the windshield. It doesn't smell like coolant so it's not a leaking heater core. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've seen it a lot in cars. The ac condenser drain is probably clogged up. When running the ac is there a small puddle of water under your truck. If not the condensation is going somewhere. In the floorboard under the dash there is an ac evaporator. See if you can locate it and locate the small hose that runs from it through the floorboard out the bottom of the truck. It could have came loose or may be plugged. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
A/C drain
Windshield
Seam (Under the cowl) where the firewall meets the cowl

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
since this has been brought up..

i do not have any wet carpet, but when i rains (i think), i get stanfing water under the carpet where the seatblet bolts to the floor just behind the driver seat, i just noticed a glair one day in the crack of the carpet. i have no evidace of where any water is comming in, and door seals are tight??

any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
since this has been brought up..

i do not have any wet carpet, but when i rains (i think), i get stanfing water under the carpet where the seatblet bolts to the floor just behind the driver seat, i just noticed a glair one day in the crack of the carpet. i have no evidace of where any water is comming in, and door seals are tight??

any thoughts?
Rear window

·
Registered
169 Posts
Still double check the drain from inside the cab. It may just be half way on. Someone else on here may have some other suggestions.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
_might_ be a leaking heater core (behind the glove box under the dash). You are sure that the "musty" smell isn't a semi-sweet nutty smell?

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Haha ^^^^ did u just say sweet nutty smell??? HAHAHAHA... mine dont smell so sweet.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Guess you would know :hehe:

I did, right after musty smell. I need to read what I type sometimes. To me antifreeze kinda smells like crushed almonds.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
idk what it smells like but it tastes very sweet when my wife uses it in her cooking, she tells me its is like a splenda or something:dunno:

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
^:tard: what the hell are you talking about Frank??? I think she's trying to kill you. Check her phone records to see who her "accomplice" is.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Hahahaha, no why would my wife do that?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the issue, where the heater box attaches to the firewall under the hood, the factory sealant had dried and separated, letting water run in the heater box and all over my floor. I plastered it in blue RTV , hopeful it's fixed,

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts