Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh: as title mentioned. i finally got tired of the truck "chugging" white smoke when i start it up in the mornings. its kinda embarassing being in an rv park with dodges and chevys. :hehe: anyway come to find out 3 injectors were going bad as well as the egr cooler. :doh: it had a good run it has been flawless right up to about the 50K mark. the main thing im worried about is replacing 3 injectors will that cause more injector problems down the road?? justr curious what other peoples views were on this and if there is anything else i should have them look at while they are in there??

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
why would replacing 3 injectors cause damage to your other 5 that arent bad?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just goin from things id heard from people just seeing what everyone thought of it

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your going to the shop over EGR problems just get the egr Delete instead of throwing your money away, Your injectors shouldnt be causing any smoke probaly just that old EGR Cooler

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
If your going to the shop over EGR problems just get the egr Delete instead of throwing your money away, Your injectors shouldnt be causing any smoke probaly just that old EGR Cooler
bad injectors will cause white smoke at start up like the OP said

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its at ford, its all warranty work. i been plannin on doing the egr delete. just got to get back closer to home first right know im workin 1200 miles away. just tryin to keep it moving right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts