Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 04 Excursion in April 2007. Since that time I've put an EGR valve, EGR cooler, oil cooler, HPOP--twice, and now it's eating coolant the rate of 1.5 gallons per hour of highway driving.

Took her to the dealer and here's the verdict:

Head Gasket
EGR valve, again.
EGR cooler, again.
Oil cooler, again.

Estimate for repairs, a little over $8000.00.

I drove straight to Carmax, gave them the service estimate from the Ford house, and they offered me the same $11K they did 2 months ago. So now she's gone. And good riddance.

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, she was always a good looking rig...

I told my wife I've never hated a vehicle I loved so much.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
were you under warranty????

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Warranty? Nope, 138K miles.

Dumping the money into my 69 Toyota LandCruiser FJ-40 and a motorcycle.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My buddy is looking for a diesel powered FJ. Let me know when you get the bike. I'm loving mine. Also, I'm sure Paul/Cassie would want to go riding.

It's going to be a bit before I get the bike running I think. 79 CB750 custom hardtail rat rod, going through the whole bike, starting with the 4(!!!) carbs. I'll go snap a quick pic.

And BTW, a diesel powered FJ is known as a BJ... And isn't every guy just looking for a BJ? ;)

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
It's going to be a bit before I get the bike running I think. 79 CB750 custom hardtail rat rod, going through the whole bike, starting with the 4(!!!) carbs. I'll go snap a quick pic.

And BTW, a diesel powered FJ is known as a BJ... And isn't every guy just looking for a BJ? ;)
Since he has 5 kids now, I think he should consider the BJ route... :wink[3]:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
804 Posts
:hehe::lol:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a bike just like that growing up. Briggs or Tecumseh?

jk :)

Hehe, I thought the same thing--too small. I almost didn't go look at it. For the price I figured I ought to. Good thing I did, it's plenty big, fits me well actually. For what I want it for--to run around town--it's more than enough bike. From what I'm reading, it isn't hard to approach 100hp out of these little motors, and since it only weighs about 400lbs....

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry she was such a PITA you had to get rid of her.:(
It was a learning experience, that's for sure.

I think we're planning on waiting for one of the new Expedition EL's with the diesel motors. Going to give them a year or two to work the bugs out, then we'll be ready.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
It was a learning experience, that's for sure.

I think we're planning on waiting for one of the new Expedition EL's with the diesel motors. Going to give them a year or two to work the bugs out, then we'll be ready.
Those should be real sweet.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts