Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed up the Havre De Grace bridge and all of a sudden the RPM's drop, no acceleration, everything is still working it seems. Then the battery light comes on. I'm thinking oh crap it just shut off... maybe it's low on oil... I've got 2 oil leaks - one from the front and one from the back. Both of which are significant enough to be addressed, but not preventing me from daily driving the truck.

Well anyway I'm on a 2 lane bridge with jersey walls on both side's. I put some oil in it, crank, nothing. Wait some time, crank, nothing.

I check the codes:
Turbo boost circ high no biggie
Turbo back pressure sensor circuit high, no biggie
Air intake heater again no biggie.
KAM - Keep Alive Memory - probably from my chip...
CAM - Cam sensor error.

I crank, no tach, she cranks perfectly just doesn't catch.

SOOOOO... looks like I finally had my CPS failure! :crazy:

Oh well, I'll change it out Monday - we'll see if that works!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
They had a recall on those cam sensors, did you get your new one yet? I think that is why they recalled them because the trucks would just die

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
man that sucks.... sounds like cps to me too!

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Dang Marty that sucks man these kind of things seem to always happen at the worst times but at least its an easy fix

When I saw your post didn't know what you were going to say happened

·
Registered
553 Posts
is that recall just on the newer 7.3 or is it on all even the obs? just wondering

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I bought my truck 3 weeks ago and it was a 3 hr. drive back from the dealer, and mine shut down on the way home and wouldnt start back up....I was really hating ford, but luckily I decided for the first time ever to get tow coverage on my insurance, I bet they thought I was full of S**T. But good luck gettin that changed, that was my problem.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to start avoiding these bridges LOL... My truck BROKE on one just like it and now I break down on another :doh:

LOL

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it's the one they recalled, but my truck was broke when it was recalled and I have not gone to the dealership since then for that reason :doh:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, one thing I was just thinking about.

I never even paid attention to my truck's tach when starting... so I went out and started my stepdad's truck. His tach doesn't move until it starts and then jumps to 6-700.

We'll see what happens tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Marty... my tach has never reacted while starting. Only once the engine is running does the tack move.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
glad it is a small deal, would hate to have been something bigger.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
when it rains it pours huh!!! that really sucks. hope you get it fixed soon!

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
:hehe:
You had me going for a second! I saw the title and thought "now what did he do" :rofl:
Glad it's an easy fix!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I got antsy tonight since it's been a day since driving my baby and I swapped CPS's with my stepdad's 7.3.

It didn't start! Still cranks beautifully though.

So I go back to basics, and pop the HPOP Res bolt off... it's EMPTY! WTF?!

I fill it and crank on it a bit but the batteries started reading 11.5-12 on my voltmeter so I'll throw a charge on her tomorrow and see what she does!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ran it low on oil? When the o-ring on the plug in the back of my hpop went and pumped all my oil out it acted just as yours did. Takes a hell of a lot of cranking to get the prime back after it running the hpop dry. Good luck!

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Man! I thought you were going to say the trans gave up the ghost finally!:doh:

Get that thing running this week! I dont wanna have to push that beast onto the lift!:eek::hehe::hehe:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well since the new motor went in this is the first problem :dunno:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts