Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from XDP. It will be her tomorrow. I'm not looking for crazy power just some better mileage for the wife...She drives 60 miles round trip every day. I also went to two dealerships in my area to talk with the service managers about programmers. They both told me that there hands were tied if something to the motor or powertrain.:doh:. So I called Edge to ask some questions...To use the Attitude of Evolution. The Attitude seems to be the way to go...at least IMO. It shipped today and XDP said I will have it tomorrow. I will get it on and let you all know how I like it...It is for the wife you know:wink[3]::wink[3]:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Gotta say.....and sorry if I sound like an a$$....you wasted your money...not gonna pick up any MPG without deleting the DPF.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
unfortunately i agree with pahrump... only real way to get beter mpg is deleting the regen mode or the dpf completely. with more power your dpf will fill up with soot faster which means more regen cylcles... you use fuel to burn off the soot in the DPF and so on.... if you want better MPG get a tuner that turns off the regen mode... and if you haven't regeared the truck for the 37's thats another option....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
301 Posts
crazy03: Cancel your order bud. You will see nothing with this mod. You will clog the DPF, go to Ford , and be screwed. Research a little more on the 6.4 tuning? Good luck with it. It is really simple.

737tdi

·
Registered
450 Posts
not entirely true guys. i've sold tons of them and had some great feedback form them, i have a local guy that picked up 2.5 mpg w/ his, hand calcd. it's all based on how you drive.

true that you will see more of a mpg increase w/ taking off the dpf but that's not an option for everybody.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately i agree with pahrump... only real way to get beter mpg is deleting the regen mode or the dpf completely. with more power your dpf will fill up with soot faster which means more regen cylcles... you use fuel to burn off the soot in the DPF and so on.... if you want better MPG get a tuner that turns off the regen mode... and if you haven't regeared the truck for the 37's thats another option....
crazy03: Cancel your order bud. You will see nothing with this mod. You will clog the DPF, go to Ford , and be screwed. Research a little more on the 6.4 tuning? Good luck with it. It is really simple.

737tdi
I guess I will see what happens. If you remove the DPF then you are screwed on the warranty. She does'nt drive with her foot to the floor either. I think on the mileage setting that it won't clog the DPF. And If it does I will take the programmer off and take it in. They won't be able to tell there was a programmer on since I didn't go thru the ODBII. Thanks for the info though:thumb:
Besides if I had a DPF delete programmer or pipe and we were on a road trip and something happend and had to have it taken in to the shop FMC would void all work anyways. I'm not spending 15 Gggg's on a new motor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactaly. you made the right choice. and thanks for the purchase,

what's your last name so i can check the order.
PM sent

And btw the customer service was great. The lady told me it would ship out tomorrow, then she called me back and said she got it shipped to day and I will HAVE it tomorrow. :thumb:I will let you know how it works out.
thanks
billy

·
Registered
800 Posts
They won't be able to tell there was a programmer on since I didn't go thru the ODBII
Is that right.:hehe:
I also think you wasted your money. Edge's shifting has always sucked, so there is no way I would buy from that company.

I went through the whole process, weighing the benefits of the DPF/warranty. Ask your Edge rep if they have any data on ash build up, that BTW can only be fixed by DPF replacement.
I came up with this, there are no benefits with the DPF.
As soon as you install the Edge module, your warranty is now subject to loss just like the rest of us.. Don't let anybody else tell you different unless they are willing to back up the denied warranty themselves in writing.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Is that right.:hehe:
I also think you wasted your money. Edge's shifting has always sucked, so there is no way I would buy from that company.

I went through the whole process, weighing the benefits of the DPF/warranty. Ask your Edge rep if they have any data on ash build up, that BTW can only be fixed by DPF replacement.
I came up with this, there are no benefits with the DPF.
As soon as you install the Edge module, your warranty is now subject to loss just like the rest of us.. Don't let anybody else tell you different unless they are willing to back up the denied warranty themselves in writing.
I agree 100%.....if you are not going to take the DPF off then leave the entire thing stock.

·
Registered
450 Posts
quick question...

if it doesn't reflash the truck w/ a new program how can the dealer see that there was something on there?

also edge's shift firmness is adjustable, the truck has a learing transmission in it so it does need some time to learn the new level before you just go switching and nailing it.

and thanks william:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
When the ash builds up in the DPF and you have to replace it at $2500 then tell me its a good mod...

Heck....after the first few hundred miles, and all that extra soot needs burned off and the truck Regens more often, therefor using more fuel....tell me its a good mod.

Carry on....you all are grown men...do as you please.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With all of your : I said the same on my original post. Talk to FoMoCo!! Be it dealer, regional, or corporate. It will not be acceptable. That is straight from the horses mouth.....................I can't add another period.

737tdi

·
Registered
800 Posts
quick question...

if it doesn't reflash the truck w/ a new program how can the dealer see that there was something on there?

and thanks william:thumb:
Kyle,
Will you guarantee in writing for your customer that very claim?

also edge's shift firmness is adjustable, the truck has a learing transmission in it so it does need some time to learn the new level before you just go switching and nailing it.
Edge's tranny strategy, and FMC trucks just don't seem to get along.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kyle,
Will you guarantee in writing for your customer that very claim?

Edge's tranny strategy, and FMC trucks just don't seem to get along.
of course he won't no one will do that...SCT,Diablo,Bullydog etc...its all enter at your own risk. And if the DPF clogs up and FMC can't find that a programmer was on the truck then they will be covering my warranty. As far as the extra regen's the jury is still out on that.
So thanks for all the info guys

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
301 Posts
No sir: The jury is not out: If you tune this truck without removing the Diesel Particualate Filter you will have more regens. and then you will have a clogged DPF. No if's, ands, or butts, you asked the question and did not get the answer you wanted so ya went ahead and ignored the experience. Good luck with it. This is not a speculation it is fact.

737tdi

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hard to understand when folks want to argue with reason, to justify a purchase or a sale.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Kyle: Quit: You or your proteges can not tune an F350 6.4 with the DPF installed and gain any miles per gallon. If you want to get the guys here spooled, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

737tdi

·
Registered
800 Posts
of course he won't no one will do that...SCT,Diablo,Bullydog etc...its all enter at your own risk. And if the DPF clogs up and FMC can't find that a programmer was on the truck then they will be covering my warranty. As far as the extra regen's the jury is still out on that.
So thanks for all the info guys
Ofcourse they won't, and that's my point.
Don't believe claims, unless they can back it up in writing. They won't because they know they are lying out of their @sses..
You want to hear that the module is untracable, so you ask the question. Edge or Kyle float out the answer the you want to hear.. Then somehow, it's validated because it's the answer the one you wanted.

As for Ford covering a clogged up DPF, umm, you will be paying that bill..
Try explaining to Ford that your truck with 10K has generated as much soot (stock) as the guy next to you with 120K on the meter. They'll plug in the sin finder, and WHAM.. Warranty denied.
And to think you could have had another 25% better mileage if you had just listened.
Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts