Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had originally ordered an SCT xcal3 with custom tunes from DJ, but something happened with my paypal and he didn't get my payment, so I was browsing craigslist and found a Bully Dog Triple Dog downloader new in the box, with both cables, etc. so I went and picked it up a few hours ago (was in lakeland too, score!)

Went on bully dogs website, updated the downloader, and downloaded my tunes (tow/economy, performance, extreme, crazy larry).

The tow/economy was a nice noticable difference from stock, which is probably what I'm going to be riding around on to save some fuel, but I tried them all out, yes even the crazy larry 230hp tune (I know, poor OEM headstuds, LOL) and I must say, with each one I felt so much more noticable power, and my favorite thing is you can adjust them on the fly while you're driving down the road.

The performance/extreme/crazy larry all have tranny settings, I set it to smooth and it shifted better than stock. And let me just say, as soon as I get some headstuds it's on, that crazy larry is SICK, even with my 20" wheels and big 37" tires, from a 20mph roll when the skinny was mashed the tires broke loose in this big ole' tank of a truck.

Bully Dog = :thumb: from me!

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Bully Dog = :thumb: from me!
Let's hope your tranny thinks so, too!!! I'm not sure why you didn't just resolve the issue with DJ and get your tunes from him... but oh well. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was going to, but I've got 2 friends with a bully dog and they've both had them for over a year, one has his for 2, and they love them, I was just wanting the sct because I've heard alot of good about it, but never felt one in person. So far, I'm def. liking it over the banks 6gun, and the edge that I've experienced in the past.

What is it exactly that saves trannies with the SCT? I've got the bully dog updated, and set on the smooth shift setting and it literally feels better than stock, I'm not going to be mashing the skinny pedal all the time, just wanted a little more umph and some mileage gains, once I can upgrade the tranny, and do headstuds, I may look into an SCT but for now this is fine.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You'll have to do tranny upgrades much sooner running the bullydog. The SCT is the ONLY tuner that tunes the transmission as well. What 230hp setting is there out of a bully dog? I was under the impression SCT custom tunes with ~150hp were among the highest to gain...

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
come on down to Sebring man I will let you feel the SCT's power

1 - 9 of 9 Posts