Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Tuesday Im having my Banks Monster Turbo back straight piped. I already had the cat deleted now im finishing it off with the muffler coming off. I was wondering if anyone else here has done this and if so how do you like it? Or even anyone who straighted their 6.O :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
The 6.0 sounds awesome straight piped. Mines been like that for 3 years now with an 03 turbo. I love it.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Thousands of straight piped 6L's out there. If you like loud you'll love it.

I've still got the aftermarket muffler on mine. It's throaty cruising and pretty loud when I'm really on it. But it doesn't compare with a straight pipe.

I guess I'm getting old... :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! I was thinking in a couple weeks after that, doing the banks cold air intake? Its really just my everyday truck and winters she plows so im not looking for tuners and such, is the cold air a good idea?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Sweet! I was thinking in a couple weeks after that, doing the banks cold air intake? Its really just my everyday truck and winters she plows so im not looking for tuners and such, is the cold air a good idea?
Honestly... Stick with the stock intake. It flows very well and NOTHING filters better. Clean oil, fresh clean fuel, and clean air are critical to a 6.0. If you're not looking to make big power, meaning 450'ish or more, stick with the stock intake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... thats the thing, Id love more power, especially for when im plowing, but I dont want to get into running a tuner, added gauges and etc....

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Well... thats the thing, Id love more power, especially for when im plowing, but I dont want to get into running a tuner, added gauges and etc....
Even stock, you should have aftermarket gauges/monitor.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have my truck straight pipes with mods in sig and i dont mind it being loud at all but in the high rpms it is just way to raspy and tin can sounded.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Adding a "cold air intake" WILL NOT add "power," (not even 1 horsepower) this isn't a normally aspirated engine. Add one of those CAI's will only introduce dirtier air into your engine, period. Don't do it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an 03 f350 4" from turbo back and love it. Mine is not loud unless I floor it. My turbo is the loud thing. Sounds sweet even going down the freeway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts