Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally happened to me.

Guy ran a red light while I was turning and took my front end off then he went into a pole. A split second faster when the light turned green and I would have been T-boned and probably not here. My guess is he was going 65 in a 50.

Front suspension is toast. Motor still ran and it moved briefly for the tow truck. I'll see what it looks like in day light tomorrow but the AC compressor is pushed back a little and nothing on the front is salvageable and the frame is pretty bad too. Front bumper was 20yds away with the tranny cooler still intact.

I'm all good, other driver went to the hospital and hopefully is ok. Fortunately it's not my DD anymore and no one was with me. The pole did the most damage to him.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
455 Posts
Unfortunately for you, what was a good driving vehicle, is now scrap yard donor stuff.

That is what my stuff would be, insured to protect the other guy, not me.

'02 K1500 4x4 Suburban in Show Room running condition, but looks like a Dog Owner's truck, because it is.... mechanically every thing is perfect, visually it would be sent to the scrap yard by those who don't understand such things.

I keep it running, because it is a gas rig, I can start it in -30* temps and drive off 'now'.....

not so with my 7.3L

Reactions: White95f250

· Registered
3,785 Posts
That stinks! I'm glad that you came out with no injuries though. No matter what the insurance circumstances are, it's almost always a lose-lose.

· Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Sorry about your loss, but good that you were not hurt

Good luck with insurance -- I did not fare well when my '06 was stolen

I have a '79 that your engine would do good in -- maybe you need a project , LoL

· Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
23,016 Posts
Sorry to hear about this and to see a perfectly good truck get taken out by a driver who "didn't make a good decision." MOST IMPORTANTLY, so glad to know you are still with us!! Hoping everything works out with the insurance companies.

· Registered
455 Posts
This thread, and another one about a week ago,
caused me to contact my Insurance Agent and ask for "Stated Value" of $30k

He told me that my insurance, nor any of the standard companies will do that now....

he suggested that I call Hagerty as they specialize in stuff like that

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread, and another one about a week ago,
caused me to contact my Insurance Agent and ask for "Stated Value" of $30k

He told me that my insurance, nor any of the standard companies will do that now....

he suggested that I call Hagerty as they specialize in stuff like that
That's what i'm going to do with my other truck I built.

· Registered
455 Posts
Well,

I think it is going to take a phone call, as their website won't accept mine

· Registered
455 Posts

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
That’s a real bummer…glad to hear there may be plans down the road for the rig. You can probably use some positive future thinking at this particular time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts