Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 2001 extended cab, short bed F250, 7.3, auto with 52,000 miles on it.It's bone stock,white with gray interior and a bed cap.

Here I hope to learn as much as I can about this truck, as I plan to keep it for a long while.

I am in the piedmont of North Carolina, with the mountains 2 hours away and the ocean 4 hours away. I am going to buy a camper (5th wheel or tt-not sure which) and pull it with the F250.

I will be asking a lot of dumb newbie questions, so please bear with me.

The first question is: What is the best 5th wheel I can use in this truck?

I have looked at all of the sites that sell these hitches and am TOTALLY confused now.

Can Anyone help?
TIA.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
bought a 2001 extended cab, short bed F250, 7.3, auto with 52,000 miles on it.It's bone stock,white with gray interior and a bed cap.

Here I hope to learn as much as I can about this truck, as I plan to keep it for a long while.

I am in the piedmont of North Carolina, with the mountains 2 hours away and the ocean 4 hours away. I am going to buy a camper (5th wheel or tt-not sure which) and pull it with the F250.

I will be asking a lot of dumb newbie questions, so please bear with me.

The first question is: What is the best 5th wheel I can use in this truck?

I have looked at all of the sites that sell these hitches and am TOTALLY confused now.

Can Anyone help?
TIA.
Reese is what my dad used

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Welcome! Depending on how often you will be towing, and how heavy the fifth wheel will be. I use Reese and have no problems. I only pull our trailer about 4-5 times a tear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you can, get one with a slider. It makes tight manuvering while backing easier by keeping the trailer away from the back of the cab. I have a Husky 16k and it seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
759 Posts
welcome to the org! post some pics

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
B&W absoulte best

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:welcome1:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
welcome to the org

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
:icon_ford: :icon_ford: :ORG welcome: :ORG welcome: :ORG welcome: :icon_ford: :icon_ford:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts