Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres some pics of my baby. I took a few pics the day i brought her home, a few after waxing and deatiling everything. and then some pics of the first mod i did. :woot: will have many more to come as i just ordered my FBD 5 in turbo back this afternoon and my 6637 last thursday. ordering 3 pillar cobalt gauges within the month...... getting 5% limo all the way around this weekend and remote start installed next sat. Then saving for a dp tuner. i will make this my pic thread for my progress of her. ive got the PMS :nod:

day i brought it home

after waxing it, used mothers back to black on the trim and door handles, and polished the rims

mod #1

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:woot:That is NIIIICE. :thumb:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Awesome rig man, how are you liking the foil delete?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love it. it makes the whistle more noticable.definately worth it. only took me 30 minutes including removal, taking off the foil, stripping the adhesive off, cleaning the boots and reinstalling. i used a industrial stripper from lowes. used a plastic putty knive to spread it on and about 10 minutes later scraped it off. then just used brake cleaner on a towel to clean it up and was done.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Awesome rig man, how are you liking the foil delete?
Probably not makin that much noise since he's got stock exhaust still. When he puts that crazy 5" on it's gonna be a dang airport back there.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha. yeh. i still love the way it sounds. not to bad for being stock but once i get it opened up i will be alot more happy.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
haha. yeh. i still love the way it sounds. not to bad for being stock but once i get it opened up i will be alot more happy.
I stand corrected, but yes once it is exhaling nicely you'll be pi$$ing people off quickly! :icon_ford: That's the fun though right?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very clean truck. I've never heard of Mothers' Back to Black. Is it made for the black plastic, such as door handles and tow mirrors?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i got it at autozone. when you wipe it on you can actually see the black like oxidization that it removes. you let it sit till dry and then scrub with a clean cloth. brought back my faded door handles pretty good.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Mothers Back to Black is great! I love it. Nice looking rig!

And on a side note, is that a fox in the garage? Looking nice as well.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes that is my fathers.

there is one in the 4th pic as well charcoal grey one. thats my little bros.

and mine is in the backyard awaiting a heart transplant. 414 stroker. .
this is it as it sits now. getting a 12 pt cage installed. welding up and smoothing the engine bay

then its off to paint. 9 second car and soon to be the final product

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice. I love a mustang family!

You can't beat the look of a clean fox mustang IMO. They just have a timeless design.
Plus the take to mods like a fish in water lol.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeh we have quite the variety.we are actually a ford family in general. my dads got an 89 ford bronco, my mom has a f-150. then 3 mustangs and my truck haha. My bros is stock showroom condition. just redid the paint and interior to stock. my dads is a little beefier with cam and gears. then theres mine. full cage, 550 rwhp 351 windsor 414 stroker, c4 automatic w transbrake, 4.30 gears. they are street driven. Mine will be towed by my truck a little more whn i wanna go to races in cali.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Probably not makin that much noise since he's got stock exhaust still. When he puts that crazy 5" on it's gonna be a dang airport back there.
I stand corrected, but yes once it is exhaling nicely you'll be pi$$ing people off quickly! :icon_ford: That's the fun though right?
Put that DIY intake on it and you will be amazed at what your truck sounds like. from inside, not too impressive. but out side is another story. For the first time ever i was outside my truck (sitting in the bed) and my GF was moving the truck (maybe 1 to 4 MPH) and every time she hit the go pedal to move a little it sounded SWEET!!! i can not think of what it will sound like when i get the 5 inch exhaust! try it out.

another thing you might consider, put a wicked wheel on there. it will help surge and also people say its louder. i think i need one. if i really get on it at 50 ish in od the boost climbs fast and then my turbo starts making this strange almost barking or a seal noise (like ort ort ort).

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Looks good. Are you going to lift it at all?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Put that DIY intake on it and you will be amazed at what your truck sounds like. from inside, not too impressive. but out side is another story. For the first time ever i was outside my truck (sitting in the bed) and my GF was moving the truck (maybe 1 to 4 MPH) and every time she hit the go pedal to move a little it sounded SWEET!!! i can not think of what it will sound like when i get the 5 inch exhaust! try it out.

another thing you might consider, put a wicked wheel on there. it will help surge and also people say its louder. i think i need one. if i really get on it at 50 ish in od the boost climbs fast and then my turbo starts making this strange almost barking or a seal noise (like ort ort ort).
I don't have the foil delete yet but I've been told the turbo is crazy loud from the outside, I dunno lol

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I don't have the foil delete yet but I've been told the turbo is crazy loud from the outside, I dunno lol
Have someone drive it away from you and check it out. its pretty cool sounding. now if there was a way to put a mute button on the whine i would be all over the foil delete and a ww and no muffler. i like the sound but when i roll up the window i want it to be quiet when the family is heading out with me. then hook it up to something and listen to that turbo scream!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it has a 4 in lift on it now. i will lift it in the future just no plans to as of right now. i like the way it looks and kinda like getting decent gas mileage. will go with an 8 in and 37s one day but i dont wanna have to change gears and what not right now.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so over the past 2 weeks ive taken it upon myself to get some stuff that i want done finished. Ordered up my 5 in FBD kit. 6637 filter. and did a few other small things.

so heres the 5 inch exhaust on

did a few other things on my truck as well. got the windows tinted limo. Installed my alpine deck with sirius and ipod hook up. zoodad mod. when taxes come through im ordered a siege engineering kong train horn kit. and then a few other things in the near future. jw VB and dp tuner. pics of the sirius install to come.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
OK so now I got it, I had my brother go outside while I hit 10psi at 40mph and let off right by the house (had to hurry there was a schoolbus behind me!) I asked how it sounded and he said "Pretty much like it did before, only LOUD. It was louder than the bus behind you!" woohoo! :boldblue:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts