Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my truck today and started driving, when I got to the corner and went to turn my blinker on I noticed it wasnt blinkin. So I fliped it to the right and nothing. After messing with it for a bit I realized that if the steering wheel was all the way up both blinkers would work. If I put the steering wheel down like one or two clicks only the right side would blink, and if I put it all the way down they would not work at all? I dont no if it is a wiring issue or what? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks for any help Robert

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Wiring issue in the column. What happens is people that use the tilt a lot. End up breaking the wires in the column. Which then it shorts out.

I would double check the wiring and the switch. But most likely you have a few broken wires in the column that need repair.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Wiring issue in the column. What happens is people that use the tilt a lot. End up breaking the wires in the column. Which then it shorts out.

I would double check the wiring and the switch. But most likely you have a few broken wires in the column that need repair.
:agree: partially. Usually the wires don't break themselves but the pins start pulling out of the connectors and the connector breaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts