Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I'm driving today, my pick up before every shift it drops 500 rpm or so then kicks back up before it shifts. Not throwing any codes. Any ideas?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Do you feel the truck slow/bog down or you just see it on the tach?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you feel the truck slow/bog down or you just see it on the tach?
It acts like a down shift, lil more pick up but mostly just on the tach. It's very noticable

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
check your third brake light if the bulb poped it will cause it also

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did make my own led tailights, I put a ballast resistor in after and the abs light went out, just as a trail run I put another resistor on the passenger side light. Just need to take er fir a spin. Could the abs light cause the weird rpm thing?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i've read that leds without the right resistance in the brake lights can mess with the auto trans shifting

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the abs light is on there is a code. If OD is not flashing it may well be the sensor in the diff causing the abs. If you're getting a flakey VSS it could cause shifting issues. Sometimes referred to as "limp" mode. This is done to protect the trans. I'm not an absolute authority on limp mode though, a trans expert will have to chime in.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Not much sets off the ABS light more then air in the system or a faulty VSS in the rear pumpkin. It doesn't necessarily set a code but it does mean that the RABS system is turned off. With LED's on the truck EACH bulb needs it's own resistor. This only pertains to the two stage bulbs (brakes [rear] and turning bulb [front]). Places like superbrightleds.com sell bulbs with the resistors built into the bulbs. Or you can install a digital turn signal relay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts