Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking at picking up an enclosed car hauler for my Mach 1. I found a great deal on a 8.5'x26' trailer. I am guessing that it will weigh around 3,000-3,500 lbs empty. Then it will house my Mach 1, a bunch of accessories, tools, and God knows what else will end up in there. I am guessing that depending on the circumstances that it will weight around 9,000-11,000 lbs loaded. With the 01 in my sig, would I need WD? I think not because of my air bag set up, but at the same time that is a lot of weight for a pull behind trailer. Anyway let me know what you guys think, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
How far will you be towing it and at what speeds?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will depend. Any where from a few miles to a few hundred. Possible even Dallas Tx and back. In town 30-45 and then 55-65 on the freeway.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
At that weight, I would want WD or a gooseneck trailer.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At that weight, I would want WD or a gooseneck trailer.
I figured that would be the case. Well a GN is out of the question due to the cost and the fact that out here is Cali...I've never even seen one (enclosed trailer that is). Looks like I will be looking into a WD set up. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
411 Posts
you have air bags you won't need the wd, i had air bags on my ram 2500 4x4 when i was hauling travel trailers and i never used my wd hitch until i got my 2wd f250, what you could do is load up that trailer and see if your truck sags, pump up the air bags and see if that fixes it if not then you'll need the wd. just my nickel

·
Registered
475 Posts
With that weight, it might not be a bad idea. Even with the airbags, it takes some of the stress off the truck (and will allow you to run less pressure on the bags...making it ride a little better

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have air bags you won't need the wd, i had air bags on my ram 2500 4x4 when i was hauling travel trailers and i never used my wd hitch until i got my 2wd f250, what you could do is load up that trailer and see if your truck sags, pump up the air bags and see if that fixes it if not then you'll need the wd. just my nickel
That is what I was thinking...try it out and see how it goes. If I need them I'll get them, if not, I won't.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With that weight, it might not be a bad idea. Even with the airbags, it takes some of the stress off the truck (and will allow you to run less pressure on the bags...making it ride a little better
Yeah I agree. I will probably end up getting it either way haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts