Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a 5 th wheel rv,my question is what is the weight limit for a 350 dually crew cab long bed.Is 12k the limit ? thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
My 35 ft Hitchhiker is 16,500 and my 06 F-350 DRW pulls it just fine. I am at gross or just a little over.
Trailer is going to have to go on a diet. before I pull out again. LOL
Doug

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
The '03-'04 6.0L's got the short end of the towing capacities. CGWR was capped at 20K, after 2005 got the upgraded springs and brakes the DRW's went to 23.5K (26K with the TowBoss)

From the rating's perspective, you're limited to 12.4K, and that's something your insurance company and the laws in your state may hold you to if something happens. For the most part (and this is an at your own risk short of thing), as long as you keep within the GAWR's and GVWR's the DOT won't give ya too hard a time about it, unless you sag so much its noticable.

·
Motor Head.
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks.Maybe I should step up to a 05,of course now that I have done the egr delete and oil cooler replacement.Is it possible to upgrade to heavy springs and brakes,if I found a wrecked 05 and up?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Your GCWR you see for your truck is only the vehicle manufacturer's recommended GCWR. Your actual allowable GCWR is as much as you can load your truck and trailer down without exceeding any of your GAWR's.

ANd this is all according to the US DOT, so it's the top of the chain when it comes to rating rules :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a bit on the crazy side but I've scaled 36k + several times that being said stopping is tricky if your in abind I also added Firestone air bags started with out chip but eventually upgraded to sct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts