california deplorable
11,422 Posts
just gunna drop this off here and go to bed

Snow Sky Plant Leaf Natural landscape

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
Left Sparks, NV yesterday about 8:30-ish - Got home ~11 am. Roadway over the top was clear. The snow wall along side the road is about 8-9' on average. Did a few things (laundry, put everything away), but mostly rested. I had to be back in the office today.
I did find out I need to have the oil cooler rebuilt. Yesterday, AM when I woke up the Ol' Guy @ 14°, I have an oil leak until the engine warms up a bit, then it stops. @ 35° this morning, it did it too, just not as bad. I think it's the ring seals on one or both ends of the cooler. That's about where the oil is dripping. I'll have to set an appointment with the shop I use.

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
I got the Ol' Guy washed on Saturday. Still had the Sierra Nevada road gunk on it from New Year's weekend. Boy-oh-Boy does it clean up good!!! He's looking quite good for a 20 year old truck!!

Reactions: sd2ca

·
Registered
831 Posts
I got the Ol' Guy washed on Saturday. Still had the Sierra Nevada road gunk on it from New Year's weekend. Boy-oh-Boy does it clean up good!!! He's looking quite good for a 20 year old truck!!
I took the California Duster to mine Sunday afternoon. We've had several days of strong wind here over the past month and it stirred up a lot of dust. A lot of it settled on Old Blue.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i almost took a pic today as i washed my truck just 3 drives ago
i can barely tell what color it is right now :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: MtnTallPaul

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
I took the California Duster to mine Sunday afternoon. We've had several days of strong wind here over the past month and it stirred up a lot of dust. A lot of it settled on Old Blue.
I really like having a duster. If that's all the trucks needs, it's easier than dragging out the bucket and hose.

i almost took a pic today as i washed my truck just 3 drives ago
i can barely tell what color it is right now :eek:
I heard that. With the road wash all over, it's amazing how many different shades of whatever the color is. HAHA I think the hood was the only part 'close" to being white.

• Haha
Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i not only still have snow on the hwy but our dirt roads are just mud and melting snow ontop of ice
if i washed it in town you would never know by the time i got home...trust me 🤣

i love my car dusters but they stand no chance in winter... just way too much gunk. and it freezes to the sides of the truck.
at least i got a good build up of ceramic and wax on top of that to get me through until it warms up enough to be able to wash it...

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
hmm...44 degrees so i could wash the truck today...except all my hoses are under 3 feet of snow still :eek:
patience is a virtue

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
Looks like I made it. Whew. Short week at work due to MLK day. BUT had 5 days of work to do in 4. Plus I have been working on Quarterly reports to the Department of Labor (They fund our grant). These reports are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to do. Every "T" crossed, every "I" dotted....as they say. But...I got my boss corralled in the office for a review. She likes what I did, so today...I am sending off the reports to DOL. Then I can have a nice weekend....and rest.

Tomorrow, I will be going to Bass Pro to pick up my new fangled-rootin'-toutin'-shootin' contraption. I bought it 12 days ago, but here in our state, you gotta a bunch of hoops they hold up for ya to jump through. I had to take a safety test, show my DL, another form of residential proof, a thumb print and fill out State and Federal forms. THEN wait 11 days for the background checks by CA (and, I guess Federal) DOJ to see if you have a criminal or mental health past. They want to make sure you aren't a whack-job screwball and won't go doing stuff you aren't supposed to do. If ya wanna know what I got, I'll PM you. The one I wanted is real nice, but I had to buy one approved by CA. The one I wanted is 2 generations newer, but doesn't qualify in CA because our now VPOTUS Kamala Harris approved a new gun rule when she was CA Attorney General. The rule is that the gun is supposed to stamp the serial number of the gun onto the brass in 2 places. It's a way for ammo to be traced back to the gun it was fired from quicker (won't rely only on ballistics). Many manufacturers are deciding they will only sell guns in CA that are already on the "Approved to Sell in CA" list. They don't want to spend the time or $ to make their latest generations CA-compliant nor do they want go through the vetting process just to sell them here. It's bad enough that you can only buy limited-sized magazines because of the law they passed to make having high-capacity mags illegal. Sorry, I sat down on the soap box, just be glad I didn't step up on it. 😂🤣😂🤣

Reactions: john galt and sd2ca

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks like I made it. Whew. Short week at work due to MLK day. BUT had 5 days of work to do in 4. Plus I have been working on Quarterly reports to the Department of Labor (They fund our grant). These reports are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to do. Every "T" crossed, every "I" dotted....as they say. But...I got my boss corralled in the office for a review. She likes what I did, so today...I am sending off the reports to DOL. Then I can have a nice weekend....and rest.

Tomorrow, I will be going to Bass Pro to pick up my new fangled-rootin'-toutin'-shootin' contraption. I bought it 12 days ago, but here in our state, you gotta a bunch of hoops they hold up for ya to jump through. I had to take a safety test, show my DL, another form of residential proof, a thumb print and fill out State and Federal forms. THEN wait 11 days for the background checks by CA (and, I guess Federal) DOJ to see if you have a criminal or mental health past. They want to make sure you aren't a whack-job screwball and won't go doing stuff you aren't supposed to do. If ya wanna know what I got, I'll PM you. The one I wanted is real nice, but I had to buy one approved by CA. The one I wanted is 2 generations newer, but doesn't qualify in CA because our now VPOTUS Kamala Harris approved a new gun rule when she was CA Attorney General. The rule is that the gun is supposed to stamp the serial number of the gun onto the brass in 2 places. It's a way for ammo to be traced back to the gun it was fired from quicker (won't rely only on ballistics). Many manufacturers are deciding they will only sell guns in CA that are already on the "Approved to Sell in CA" list. They don't want to spend the time or $ to make their latest generations CA-compliant nor do they want go through the vetting process just to sell them here. It's bad enough that you can only buy limited-sized magazines because of the law they passed to make having high-capacity mags illegal. Sorry, I sat down on the soap box, just be glad I didn't step up on it. 😂🤣😂🤣
I absolutely hated having to deal with the CA gun regs when I lived there. It was such a relief once we moved to be able to walk into the store and 5 minutes later walk out with your toy of choice. Same with getting a CCW permit. Basically walked in & walked out. Shortly after I got my SD permit, they eliminated the requirement for a CCW. You can still get one if you'd like. It will allow you to pack in several additional states, but if you don't plan on packing while traveling, no permit needed here in SD anymore.

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
I absolutely hated having to deal with the CA gun regs when I lived there. It was such a relief once we moved to be able to walk into the store and 5 minutes later walk out with your toy of choice. Same with getting a CCW permit. Basically walked in & walked out. Shortly after I got my SD permit, they eliminated the requirement for a CCW. You can still get one if you'd like. It will allow you to pack in several additional states, but if you don't plan on packing while traveling, no permit needed here in SD anymore.
That would be nice. It would make things simpler. But, CA liberals don't do simple.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
simple...they don't even do logic

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
oh and daryll as to your original rant...
preacher, meet choir 🤣

so big news in my world...was taking the wife to town today got down to the hwy and noticed a vibration...turned around to go home and figure it out and lost the front driveline...DOH....
anyone know what size or where to get driveshaft bolt for the flange to the transfer case??
and what really sucks is the truck is my only vehicle right now wifes car and truck are down from trans problems on both of them...

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
well i just got the bolts for the driveline i think they will work IF i have enough thread on the flange for them to bolt to...
in 9 years i have never even thought to look at those bolts and i am sure a couple bolts have been missing for years ...
i hope i dont have to get a new flange i.m not even sure where to go for that white bear lake i suppose but...
i HOPE i can find the few taps i have and one will work to redo the threads and the bolts will hold well enough! kinda nervous to be honest and i still have to track down my other shift motor to replace the one that just got trashed when the shaft came free...
and at some point i think i need someone way smarter than em to go over the thing tiop to bottom and figure out what other simple things i am missing

as much work as i have done to this thing in the 9 years i've had it to get it going in the first place and keep her going i can't believe i never even thought to look at that flange...lesson learned...i hope :D

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
oh and daryll as to your original rant...
preacher, meet choir 🤣

so big news in my world...was taking the wife to town today got down to the hwy and noticed a vibration...turned around to go home and figure it out and lost the front driveline...DOH....
anyone know what size or where to get driveshaft bolt for the flange to the transfer case??
and what really sucks is the truck is my only vehicle right now wifes car and truck are down from trans problems on both of them...
Yeah, I figured.

Sorry to hear about your truck. Glad you found the bolts.
---
Went & picked up my shooter. Enough paperwork to down the forest around @john galt's house. Paperwork for the shooter, paperwork for the ammo. All good now, it's all home.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
so...hows it shoot?

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
so...hows it shoot?
Wait! What? I'm supposed to shoot with it? HAHAHAHA
Haven't put any rounds through it yet. My son and I go to an open-air range on the backside of Beale AFB. Need to check with him to see when we can go. His youngest daughter is in Gymastics competitions and I believe she has some meets coming up.

• Haha

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
man...i'de be in the back yard blasting away before i even made it into the house

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
well truck is back together only tsted it to the mail boxes but all seems good
except the 4 wheel drive is out...maybe the new shift motor did help. 9 years ago i coulda sworn it didn't fix the issue but it might have compounded it?
that or the wires got messedup when the shaft went lose i do NOT want to try to chase wires man i hate that stuff
oh also found a good size dent in the driveshat...really hope it is nt big enough to be an issue but...

13301 - 13320 of 13320 Posts