Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
13281 - 13300 of 13320 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
Thanks for asking. Doing much better. It doesn't hurt to sneeze or cough anymore. If I push on the ribs or lay on my right side, I can feel that they aren't 100% healed yet, but darn close to it.
Good to hear!

Reactions: MtnTallPaul

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
if i dont get a chance as we are bracing for another storm and we just got the internet back up
Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year as well...may 2022 make 2021 look like the idiotic fiasco it was and may we see real improvement in our country and the world.
we are looking at a good size storm and even if the internet holds (doubtful) i got so much to finish as the next few feet of snow start piling up here...
so Merry Christmas and may all our dreams come true in the coming months

·
Premium Member
11,047 Posts
it was great seeing the wifes family in CA and i was flattered to see so many people tired of the mask mandates. I didn't wear one the entire time. I still didn't go around licking door knobs and washed my hands often. But seeing people shop around mostly normal was great. The newphews really liked their gifts and spending time at the park too. I still have to say I'll never take the trip in winter again lol. Been doing this trip since maybe 2011 once-twice a year and from now on will just leave in Sept at the latest hahaha.

By the way your fuel prices still suck lol... $4.79 was the average and woowee it hits the pocket book hard when you're getting 15-16mpg lol.

I did notice both times the check in stations for CA were closed though? normal for winter or staffing or? I still idn't bring in any fruit or tree though haha.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
it was great seeing the wifes family in CA and i was flattered to see so many people tired of the mask mandates. I didn't wear one the entire time. I still didn't go around licking door knobs and washed my hands often. But seeing people shop around mostly normal was great. The newphews really liked their gifts and spending time at the park too. I still have to say I'll never take the trip in winter again lol. Been doing this trip since maybe 2011 once-twice a year and from now on will just leave in Sept at the latest hahaha.

By the way your fuel prices still suck lol... $4.79 was the average and woowee it hits the pocket book hard when you're getting 15-16mpg lol.

I did notice both times the check in stations for CA were closed though? normal for winter or staffing or? I still idn't bring in any fruit or tree though haha.
awesome glad you made it back safe etc...
yea fuel is beyond stupid...kinda like the moron playing gov!
i am fortunate to live 50 miles from the border or so and have been shopping in reno for most everything for close to 50 years now.
the worst part of that is the losers from the bay area infested tahoe couldnt cope with lack of city and snow loads and moved to reno add to that the mass influx of refugees from lost angelas and nevada winds up with that dip stick sissy lack for their gov so things are going south there very quickly as well...but its still about abuck a gallon cheaper than here.
especially if you get to the state capital where all the corrupt politicians buy their gas :mad:
anyways storm turned to rain not snow so so far the internet is up and the power have not gone out in days!
i did get the snow blower working again and cleared things a bit but the mix is currently slop and ice that hasnt melted yet and its just turning to snow again so...we shall see...
also cant get the new plow ghuy to go out and plow... so .... nits gunna be fun around here this winter :(
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE incase i drop off the edge of the earth again :p

·
Premium Member
11,047 Posts
ya when i came home we had a solid 12inches on the ground and on the other vehicles then it snowed 5 more inches overnight. Thankfully i tested the snowbower last month for a function check. I think I may upgrade to a larger commercial unit though. I have a 26in craftsmen model thats only like 3.5yrs old but its a little small. It works fine but just have to go slower. I don't have a big driveway and I already use the backhoe to help my dad lol.

I may look into like a 30in track unit but its more than I need, I just like to save time with snow removal since its not my favorite thing to do with the limited daylight. Its dark by 3:30pm here currently lol.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
my experience with tracks is they tend to fail far more often than a simnple tire and wheel set up...mre moving parts and the only brand i have seen hold together is honda...and i would buy a john deer tractor before i dropped the coin they want for those over priced things...
i have an 06 craftsman and rebuilt most of it over the summer...i needed either the auger re-welded while i forced it into shape again or a new auger...250 bucks for a new auger i was willing to wait for a buddy with a welder to get the free time... it didnt happen that way but i was able to get a pry bar on the auger force it back into place most of the say lock it down with a pair of vice grips and reconnect it to the drive bar with a drill and a couple self tappers.
it's a 30 inch 12 horse unit that once back together was tossing slush and ice crust mixed with snow 30 feet! do i hope i got it good enough for the season. but it was throwing like a champ a couple days ago.
also if you have a small blower....nothing like a box on an upper deck to keep it in and use it just to clean the upper deck off! i hvent seen your place so no idea what the lay out is but... also an already paid for back up can be priceless when dealing with snow removal...
just my 2 cents ....treat them as such :D

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
well i jinxed myself on the snow blower...no back up and the auger drive shaft snapped on me...
but i did find out a neighbor up the road as a metal shop in his heated garage! so hopefully its not a total loss as my 06 craftsman is made of mostly discontinued parts :eek:
glad i got the new impeller last year...before it sheared it was throwing ice crust snow and a layer of slush underneith 30+feet i dont want a new blower i want my old one rebuilt! thing works great...most of the time

this is after i cleared the head and tail lights out of habiut part of the roof and hood to get in and get her started but this is what happened to my truck after i broke the blower. i had the truck and driveway all cleaned out before bed last night and got up to this.

Snow Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Snow Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
well i jinxed myself on the snow blower...no back up and the auger drive shaft snapped on me...
but i did find out a neighbor up the road as a metal shop in his heated garage! so hopefully its not a total loss as my 06 craftsman is made of mostly discontinued parts :eek:
glad i got the new impeller last year...before it sheared it was throwing ice crust snow and a layer of slush underneith 30+feet i dont want a new blower i want my old one rebuilt! thing works great...most of the time

this is after i cleared the head and tail lights out of habiut part of the roof and hood to get in and get her started but this is what happened to my truck after i broke the blower. i had the truck and driveway all cleaned out before bed last night and got up to this.

View attachment 780378

View attachment 780379
Got a 'little' bit of snow there JG!!! Yeah, with that...you definitely need blower. OR some strong rugged fellas with big snow shovels!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! We went to my Mom's (90) for Christmas Eve and to my son's house in Auburn on Christmas Day!! Fun time!!

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i have a friend down the street with a new john deer...
but self reliance is the only real option.
today is a tad better than yesterday...
so far only the front pic loaded but...

Tire Car Snow Vehicle Wheel

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
rear pic came through...
trhis is my world right now 🤣

Snow Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: MtnTallPaul

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i drove around for fifty miles yesterday to get that crap off...
got almost all and the front was clear just a little sticking to the shell
and BAM here we go again. 🤣
to be fair its been far worse than this so i shouldnt complain but i really wish i had my snowblower working again right now.
if i shovel it off the truck i have to shovel it out of the driveway...

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
@john galt - maybe you need a plow attachment for the truck!?!?!?

Reactions: john galt and sd2ca

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i need to win the lottery...
then i can get a polow and all kinds of fun toys...
but for now everything i had went to saving the kid and i dont seem to be rebuilding at present with current abilities

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
I think winning the lotto would solve a bunch of issues. OTOH, I've 'heard' it causes some other ones so.......dunno.

·
Premium Member
20,005 Posts
In Sparks (SIL/Daughter's house) for the New Year's weekend. We are doing our family Christmas. Our Son/DIL/Kids are coming up too. Going home Sunday! The summit was clear, but lots of traffic. They had the road closed for two days.

So, if I'm not on much - Happy New Year to all of you! I got my fingers crossed 2022 will be WAY better than 2020 & 2021.

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
I think winning the lotto would solve a bunch of issues. OTOH, I've 'heard' it causes some other ones so.......dunno.
oh i know me...i would wind up giving it all away by the end but i could sure fix a lot of crap along the way

·
california deplorable
11,422 Posts
i got my snow blower put back together at least most of the way.
not sure when the next storm is coming but soon i am sure
still gotta do some more shoveling on the trailer roof but...
i think i am getting there :D

13281 - 13300 of 13320 Posts