Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
13221 - 13240 of 13263 Posts

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
Definitely a new found appreciation for this thing.
In other news...
Truck isn't happy new fan clutch doesn't kick in until 218 and then it's not moving ad much air as the nasty old one I took off.
I have a sneaking suspicion it's my turn to do head gaskets :eek:
Still SO nice to be home going to be a lot of work but almost looking forward to it

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Been a minute since I've been on. Been busier than a bee making honey. If it isn't work, it's home.

@john galt - Glad to hear you're home. That's gotta bring you and Mrs comfort.

On the drone front - DJI has been busy with software updates. I've had to update it a couple of times in as many days. I'm hoping to take some time for myself this weekend and put that little whirly-gizmo up. Probably going to try to inspect the roof of my 5th wheel. We've had the 5er since '07, it may be time to have a new rubber roof put on it. My flight should tell me.

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
hey guys been stupid busy instead of just stupid of late. been trying to get winter prep finished as winter is slamming into us with a vengence. heck of n early monsoon front
i stood my wheel barrow upp yesterday afternoon 3 of four sides are straight up and down and it is 2" deep....
that thing is actually overflowing from the rain we have had as of about 3 hours ago!
the creek in the back yard is raging and instead of the clear water that normally flows in it it is a muddy torent!
its been crazy here lots of landslides expected (at least by me) from the fire i guess we shall see how it shakes out but ide saay draught over at the moment 🤣
of course with all the forest burned up and reserviors in piutiful shape i am sure grabbuin nuisance will still be claiming extra powers and destroying property rights in the name of weather...

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
yea i should be ok here but i still have to get our monster trailer home.
truck needs some work including new shock and shock mount for the rear...i hesitate hooking 12k to it as is for sure but i gotta rake out and finish dragging the downed trees out of where it goes anyway.
i did make some decent headway yesterday on the wood front so if i can get enough pain meds to get me through today i might be in decent shape but there is no shortage of stuff i gotta get done before the snow flies...which could be anymoment to say the least 🤣
on the drone front, i seem to have lost mine in the evac...
i know i got it out of the trailer but cant find it since! oof course i havent had time to really look for it either so....
anyways just checkin in before i throw myself out the door and beat my self up doing wood again. :p

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
Whos ready for the landslides! John i know you are
driving the canyon is out for the rest of the year for me. had a huge slab about 5 x 20 x 25 of granite come down onto the highway that had to be blasted to remove and with everything burned up i expect a lot more will being coming down before winter is over.
but right around me i dont think anything out of the ordinary to be an issue...other than i cant find a plow driver for the neighborhood! and the state reps wont even talk to us about the fact we pay the taxes for snow removal but dont get any here...taxation without representation...that sounds famiiar 🤣
to quote a friend...
"consent of the governed"

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I'm hearing a lot of people, especially near the burn scars, are dreading slides on or off the road. With stuff burned, not much holding it down. I've seen where the BLM and Forest Service are working to do something to help, but there is just so many acres that have been burned.

@john galt - Glad you're doing okay up there. Take care and don't over do it.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
I'm hearing a lot of people, especially near the burn scars, are dreading slides on or off the road. With stuff burned, not much holding it down. I've seen where the BLM and Forest Service are working to do something to help, but there is just so many acres that have been burned.

@john galt - Glad you're doing okay up there. Take care and don't over do it.
yea there is going to be a LOT of slides...and of course...the political scum are going to try to claim anything but the real cause which is failed forestry practices not global weather which hasn't really shifted much at all.
we are due for a good winter i just hope i get squared away get a plow driver and we get more snow that will soak into the water table instead of just running off because there is nothing to slow it down so they can dump it in the ocean wasting our resources and then claiming further drought and loss of rights etc etc...

i did get most of the wood split still gotta get it into the shed but even on max pain meds, muscle relaxers, nerve blockers, etc i dont know if i can do anymore today...going to try because i kinda gotta but....
anyways its all good i WILL get this done and get my stuff taken care of. not to worry about me i got this :D

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
well we have one guy who is something of a drinker but he may be our new plow guy as he is the only one applying...
with my past i am not one to call out anyone from drinking but i am not one to back somebody running a grader drunk either...going to be quite a year!
i have one tree down i still need to buck and split and i should be good but i need to order a new chain for the saw...
been cutting them into chunks i can move and trying to stack them to make cuts...
well that bit me in the arse as i made one cut and found a rather large rock and chewed the hell out of my already old chain... :eek:
so a new chisel chain to order and i should be about set for the year...i hope
i could have another cord or two but if it isnt insane i should have about enough for the year at this point!
i do kind of expect a snowy winter...God knows we are due!

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
well wood shed is mostly full now i gotta help a couple neighbors out and do some more fill in but i think i got it
at least its close 🤣
one more downed tree in the yard then i go up the hill for some more oak.
the bears are getting desperate with all the food burned up tearing into cars and houses some lady just got mauled in her own kitchen a week ago or so. i guess she heard noise came down to check it out and was between the bear in her fridge and its exit... not a good place to be.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
well i got the new chain and i dont think my saw has ever cut this well!
made fast work of an oak up the hill that turned out to be smaller on usable wood than expected but still thing cuts like a dream.
so i hope to swap out the shock mount on the truck that is broken and try to slay some more wood while the getting is good

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
There isn't anything like having a new and/or sharpened chain. They cut like butter!! Glad you got your supply of fiewood up. Good luck with shock mount.

After 14 years, my wife and I will be empty-nesters...again. Long story short, my daughter has lived with us since her divorce in 2007. This past June she got married and spend most of her time with our new SIL. But she still had things here and stayed here on some nights as they were looking for a place of their own. On the weekends she had her kids, they would all be @ our house. My SIL has a daughter from a previous relationship and has recently reconnected with her. (Another long story) She lives in the Reno, NV area. My SIL and daughter have been going up there every other weekend or so to visit. They looked up there and found a house to rent in Sparks (neighboring community to Reno). This weeked they are moving up there. So our house is staged with my daughter's things, we'll need to go to his place to grab his stuff and to Auburn to grab stuff out of his storage and then up over the summit to Sparks. We have family here to help load. My sister/BIL live about 8 mins from where my SIL/Daughter will be living and my SIL has some nephews up there too. They are going to come help unload once we get up there. My daughter will be here just one more week as she wraps up her job here. Then up there to find work in the Reno/Sparks area. Since she's spend some of her time @ her husband's place, we've had time to 'practice' being empty-nesters, but it will be way different knowing she won't be back. I think in our 45 years of marriage, we've had our houses to ourselves maybe 5 years of time. So, a new adventure awaits...for them, for us.

Reactions: john galt and sd2ca

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Back in the office today - Move was sucessful!! However, instead of feeling like I'm 65, I'm sore, stiff, joint issues and I'm walking like I'm 85. I know the body will catch up and I'll get back to 'normal' for me. I believe the whole moving thing should be left to 'younger' people. HAHAHAHAHA People in the office this morning were asking me if I was okay. Just had to explain I was experiencing Ol' Guy syndrome. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Back in the office today - Move was sucessful!! However, instead of feeling like I'm 65, I'm sore, stiff, joint issues and I'm walking like I'm 85. I know the body will catch up and I'll get back to 'normal' for me. I believe the whole moving thing should be left to 'younger' people. HAHAHAHAHA People in the office this morning were asking me if I was okay. Just had to explain I was experiencing Ol' Guy syndrome. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Old guy syndrome sucks! I spent all day Saturday up & down off of the creeper while tinkering on my side by side. I sure felt it Sunday morning.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hey Neil - Good to hear from you.

I find myself wondering 'when did this happen?' My brain doesn't feel 65, but my body does a great job of reminding it, "Yes, Yes you ARE!!!" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sd2ca

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Our daughter left Saturday morning. All done with her job here. So, Pam and I are here with the house to ourselves. Hasn't completely sunk in yet, but we're getting there.

Rolled over 275K last week on the truck. It's due for its 5k oil/filter change. I have a 4-day weekend with no rain forecasted. Hoping to get it done.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
plan is to spend most of the day cooking tomorrow ...
still working on getting things back to normal from the evacuations this year but slowly still making progress.
so calling that a win :p

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We're going to our son/family's house in Auburn.

Hope everyone has a great day full of blessings. It's been a year for sure, but we've made this far. Things are looking up.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
OGS ...
the struggle is real.
i cant believe how damn long it is taking me to get things done around here...it's ridiculous!
i have teo dead vehicles to move today and really should do some work on the truck...
way i feel i will be lucky to move one and do nothing else...really hoping the wires i have repaired on my granddaughters car are enough to get it to move under its own power so i can tuck it in to where it will sit for the winter...
but after looking at everything else in there...i am not overly optimistic...
i blew up my shoulder about a month ago and while i am of course still pushing to get wood done and i am still working on winter prep as we approach december... i didnt think OGS would slow me down like this but DAMN...

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
^^ I agree - OGS kind a sneeks up on ya. @ one age, no problem!!! Next thing ya know...something like doing the yard (string trimming, mowing, blowing) now takes 2 shifts on 2 days. With an acre of land, we do have a riding mower so at least I can sit to do that part. Maybe I should figure how to weedwhack while driving the mower. Hmmm..

13221 - 13240 of 13263 Posts