·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
greenville

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Man - that sucks! Fire is undiscriminating. If it's in its path, it burns. I don't understand the let it burn mentality. I don't see how that works with droughts causing dry conditions and increase in fire occurances. Are they waiting for the state to burn so much there's nothing left to burn?

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
actually..yes...they are
there is no other viable explanation for the action and lack of action by the idiots at the top running this state and many others
there is the globalist agenda sponsored by the UN and many others i wont even go into but suffice to say there is no way they are this wrong by accident.
there are of course the eniroMENTALists and the BS they are spoon fed which assists the global agenda of deforestation and depopulation but again...not making that dive here

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Guess its that time of year again... hows everyone and their family doing? If anyone affected by the fires needs help/ place to stay/ livestock boarding/ etc, im in the santa rosa area. Stay safe out there
Thanks for checking in! My family is good fire-wise. We're about 60 miles from the closest fire up just east of Placerville. Only issue is the valley is filling with smoke so we got the smell, the sun is orange pretty much all day. Even though it's been cooler @ night, we can't open the windows or the house will smell smokey.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
On Saturday, we finally got to open up the house. We got a "Delta Breeze" (off SF Bay through Fairfield) into the valley that pushed the smoke out and back up the hills. AND for the first time in a long time it only got to about 80°. Very nice to have clean air blowing through the house. Sunday, it was clear, but the smokey smell was back. This week the temps are headed back to the century mark again. So we enjoyed it while we had it.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
qwe are in yuba right now and yea like 105 every day and the ac in this place isnt working right so 90 in the house...
fun stuff...
get a whole house smoke rated filter a 20x20x1 and duct tape it to the back of a 20" box fan
makes one hell of a great filter on the cheap.
been the ONLY way we could even breathe when we were still at our place.
oh yea we got evacuated again fire is 1.8 miles from our place last i measured it and while it is being blown away from us right now it is still creeping. it was five+ when we left yesterday so...
really hoping i dont have to deal with insurance and loss but we are together and doing ok so life is good.
i left a TON of ruck parts up there...at least i got my radiator out its just not with me right now so i hoe to go grab it and swap it in while i am down here...if i can get back to the house with room to spare i want my new 35's and wheels too figures the tires on the truck now are the old bfgs with now 78k on them...pretty much racing slicks 🤣
anyway that what ive been up to

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
qwe are in yuba right now and yea like 105 every day and the ac in this place isnt working right so 90 in the house...
fun stuff...
get a whole house smoke rated filter a 20x20x1 and duct tape it to the back of a 20" box fan
makes one hell of a great filter on the cheap.
been the ONLY way we could even breathe when we were still at our place.
oh yea we got evacuated again fire is 1.8 miles from our place last i measured it and while it is being blown away from us right now it is still creeping. it was five+ when we left yesterday so...
really hoping i dont have to deal with insurance and loss but we are together and doing ok so life is good.
i left a TON of ruck parts up there...at least i got my radiator out its just not with me right now so i hoe to go grab it and swap it in while i am down here...if i can get back to the house with room to spare i want my new 35's and wheels too figures the tires on the truck now are the old bfgs with now 78k on them...pretty much racing slicks 🤣
anyway that what ive been up to
Dang @john galt - You guys have been through it this year! I can't imagine what it's like for you. I am glad to know you are together and safe.
Smoky days here are hit and miss. Saturday was thick and smelly. Sunday not quite as bad, but you definitely can't see as far as normal. No or VERY light breeze just wasn't moving the air around. Most of our smoke is coming from the Caldor Fire in El Dorado County. It's growing faster than they can contain it. I heard this morning they are starting to issue evac notices to South Lake Tahoe.
I was going to give my truck a quick bath Saturday AM, but when I let the dog out and the smell hit me, I decided the 'Ol' Guy' can stay dirty for a bit longer. I really do NOT like my truck being dirty, but with water restrictions and the AQI sucking, I'll wait.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
.99 MILES TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD 1.33 TO OUR HOUSE...
damn caps lock :p
yea last 2 years have been a real adventure for us. evaced 3 times in the last 11 months!
sidew note, maybe i am spoiled but DAMN!!!! the water here is disgusting! I can barely bathe in it and drinking it, is right out... so we just got back from a walmart run for water softener salts and bottled water and we forgot to grab out trusted and beloved coffee maker :eek:
so we picked up a cheapy mr coffee in hopes they will keep the house from going up and i will get my excellent cuisinart coffee maker back. got it as a gift from an old customer whop paid like 300 for it and i LOVE that thing! you add beans and water and it does everything and make the best damn coffee i have ever had! anyway if i HAVE to replace it i will but i remain hopeful we will get to return to a standing house.
wife and kid went yesterday to grab a few extras while i babysat our stressed out critters. and she forgot to grab it again :( and we had it on the list. its amazing hoew not together something like this can make you.
hell i am STILL trying to find my 64 t bird keys from being evaced for a fire 8 years ago!
its the little things you miss...like that coffee maker and the power stops for the rear of the truck that i havent gotten around to installing yet are really eating me up.

another thing, it had been so long since i had seen my truck without a coating of ash all over it i forgot how nice it could look even semi clean. washed it on the way down and fugured i would really clean it up here at the house but i guess you dont wash your cars here with this water or it eats the paint and starts them rusting in record time like a couple weeks! so... maybe i will do the wipe it down with a micro fiber and some spray wax later but its over 100 again outside and i dont do this kind of heat and remain functional so...later tonight ... perhaps....
hoping and praying this passes and we get to go home again in the near future but bright spot...at least i can have coffee again in the am !
been rough last few days with nothing but sugary trader joes instant to keep the demons at bay 🤣

looks like caldor is evacuating my old neighborhood talked to my old neighbor today and he was packing to get out!
the "let it burn" policy is certainly working as expected... :mad:

@RandomForumGuy thanks for the offer of help. we are set up here its just a far cry from what i am used to but at least it isn't on fire 🤣 but thanks for proving Ford people really are the best people yet again!

anywho hope everyone is well, I will check in on everyone in a bit .
hope everyone else is doing great and your lives are at least a tad less "exciting" than mine of late 🤣

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
update...looks like we are going to be ok!
fire nearest the house is cooling and seems to be ok unless it turns and runs again ran 30,000 acres and 11 miles day before yesterday but the wind is supposed to hold for us until tomorrow.
also
somebody has dais soimething about needing a set of hubs...
when i was at the house yesterday grabbing the wifes rose bushes our beloved super coffee maker ( god of covfefe)
i grabbed my new in box ford hubs ...be aware as i was not wheen i ordered them they are manual instead of auto but they are brand new ford. so if someone needs them still let me know

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
fire is now 885,954 acres in size
wind is shifting hot spots flaring near the house
i think we will be ok....
crazy for sure. i have never seen a fire like this thing

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
ok things are looking good for the house...i gotta swap the radiator out for my nice aluminum performance rad and pop in the "new" fan clutch and see if i cant bring my temps down a bit before dragging the thing home and up 7,000' of passes to get back to the house but looks like the fire while over 900,000 acres is not threatening our place anymore.

i think about the amount of work i have to get my place back to livable...maybe i do wish it had burned...
be easier 🤣

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
radiator in truck still runs warm at 95* ambient being pushed but its better.
cant load pics it seems even though i got 2 posted from my old phone on the chat thread?
very tired and sore going to give up for the night

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
so...
you guys know we are evacuated due to fire ...
so here we are down in the flats and what do you know...
there is a fire 1.49 miles from the house we are evacuated to :eek:
well at least the truck is back together and i can start loading it back up again :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Man - this state is burning in a lot of places. We know people who had to evacuate from the CalDor fire. They live in Pollock Pines. The fire ended up going away from them and they've been let back in, but it was nerve-racking for a bit. Even SLT had to evacuate for several days. These front line people have got to be exhausted. It bugs me to see the ones who end having nothing to go back to. It's all gone. It's good they are alive, but their houses and property is just decimated. I really hope their insurance companies don't mess with them.

Hang in JG!! You and the Mrs stay safe!

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
spent the day loading the truck still got a bunch to shoehorn in in the morning and we are going to get to head home
i cant wait to sleep in my bed see if any of the garden survived without me and just be home.
then ....the real work starts. lol

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
spent the day loading the truck still got a bunch to shoehorn in in the morning and we are going to get to head home
i cant wait to sleep in my bed see if any of the garden survived without me and just be home.
then ....the real work starts. lol
Glad to hear you're headed home. That's got to be a good feeling...other than the apprehension of what you'll find. I'm hoping all is good!

I don't care why you're away from home - There is absolutely nothing like flopping down in your "own" bed for some shuteye!

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
I am flopped on my bed right now....
I LOVE this bed! WORTH EVERY PENNY

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

13201 - 13220 of 13263 Posts