Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
13181 - 13200 of 13263 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Is there anything you don't do? You have a great truck, you've flown drones before, you paramotor, you like Rokon bikes....Now coffee roaster?
LOL!!!! Jack of all trades - definitely master of none............ You got to fake it to make it. I've always marched to the beat of a different drum. My mom always said "be a leader and not follower..." So I like "different stuff". I listened to Jazz and not pop radio like all of my friends since I was 12. At 17 I was a VW crazy kid and I built a 78x90mm motor for my lowered cal look bug. It had dual 40mm weber carburetors and a 298* Engle cam with Manley valves, titanium push rods, ported and polished heads with flow matched intake manifolds. I could pop wheelies in that thing - the car stereo in that thing was amazing!!! Speakers were all seperates with individual crossovers, ran 2 Linear Power amplfiers, off of a line level parametric equalizer and the first Alpine head unit with line level outputs. The sound was so clean and took your breath away. I had the prettiest gf in high school but of course I ruined that!!! Ok I'm bragging now.....

But, you have a work around to the "They don't sell to CA" --- You have a buddy in AZ who happens to love your coffee. Buy a Rokon, ship it to his house. Deliver your friend's coffee and you just happen to pick up your Rokon when there. Tah Duh!!! :unsure::unsure:
Yes!!! I've used that work around already. He even offered to change my vehicle registrations so I can have an AZ address and not have to endure restrictive smog laws, also, I could get my Yamaha Rhino registered for the street, then drive it on road here in Cali all I want. Was roasting coffee for this guy (he went thru 2 lbs / week) and I couldn't keep up! So I taught him how to roast and where to obtain the green coffee we so cherish. Never seen someone go thru so much coffee..............

Prayers sent @john galt!! Sounds like you have a plan!!!
Sure hope this compound goes through!!! We all need an alternate place to meet when the SHTF. Hahaha!!! Just don't shoot when we all show up!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
You're welcome.

However, they all appear to have front trailing link suspension and a hardtail rear.

Am I missing something?
You're correct Paul!!! I saw a large spring and I believe it's suspension for the seat!!!! What a gip!!!

EDIT: The Rokon Ranger is street legal and can be had in California.

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter
396 Posts
You're correct Paul!!! I saw a large spring and I believe it's suspension for the seat!!!! What a gip!!!

EDIT: The Rokon Ranger is street legal and can be had in California.
Speaking of music, ever heard of guy named Joe Bonamassa?

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter
396 Posts
yeah, he plays Blues guitar - he's really good!!!
Hard to say it's just blues. Check out some of the tunes from Live at the Royal Albert Hall that you can find on YouTube. Eric Clapton plays on one of them - Further on up the Road.

·
Registered
797 Posts
yeah, I really don't know him all that well. Just know he's pretty amazingly talented. There's so much music out there - unfortunately most of us only get to experience less than 1% o_O

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
im on joes email list he sends out stuff every couple days or so lots of good stuff!
the one that stands out was jimi playing an sg tripple!
i grew u a jimi fan in a big way spent most of jr high school knocling of hendrix tunes in ront a a 100 watt marshall stack.
probably why i now wear hearing aids :p
i actually think i remember the rockon after getting a minute to see them again
seems like a buddy had one back in the early 70's or so? cant be sure but his family had about every bike known to man. big time desert racers one and all.
on the acreage man i am really pulling for this one to work out!its an extraordinary opportunity for the whole family to really come together and make a go of things!
in other news
blew my power steering and still havent been able to really figure it out but i think i lost the teflon washer seal for the pressure line causing one hell of a leak i torqued it down and it lasted for a while but started leaking taking the dog to the vet in reno for his follow up!
poor little guy has pneumonia... hes getting better but it rough watching him suffer wit it.
also its been too damn hot to do much of anything outside.
so i am getting behind on my must dos for summer.
i got the gazebo up but need to repar a couple screens.

and joe the coffee roaster...i like it!
there was a company years ago that sold unroasted eans and gave instructions to roast them yourself i never got into it mostly because i was just working too much and barely had time to brew coffee and beer
and lets face it beer was just more important to me

·
Registered
797 Posts
I started roasting using a simple popcorn popper. After burning up a couple of those (burnt plastic is definitely an undesirable flavor) I move on to stove top (not that good) - I've even tried my bbq smoker - interesting but no thanks. Now I own a dedicated rotisserie type roaster - I can do 2lbs at a time but I don't; I like my roasts on the dark side, what they call Full City to a Vienna roast. For some reason my roaster won't achieve these darker roast profiles unless I lighten the load to 1lb at a time. So it takes me 2 hours to roast 2lbs. Ugggg.......... but worth it!

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
@Got Dirt? - Have you got your strap-on propeller and wing up,up and away yet? Last I heard you and your daughter were putting it together.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ooh ooh ooh Show N' Tell!!!! Everything is complete - I built this sucker bolt by bolt; nut by nut by a nut (me); gallons of threadlocker (there are no do-overs in aviation). Sending you a pic -

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
@Got Dirt? - Now THAT's cool looking!!! Did you have the platform already or did you get it to carry your paramotor/equipment? Looks pretty sturdy. I'm guessing the propeller guard is about a 5' diameter?

Show-n-Tell Phase 2: GoPro on the helmet so you can take us on a fly-along!! Ya know we wanna see that!!
---
Son/DILs kids spent the weekend!! Had a good time with them. There is a place near us that is like a mini-SeaWorld type of thing in a shopping center called SeaQuest. Fish, birds, other mammals like otters, wallabys. You can pet some of the fish or rays, you can feed them. They have a 30-year-old tortoise in there - Supposed to live to 100. One of the animal keepers pulled out a couple of lizards for the kids to pet. A couple of them went for it, oldest couldn't quite bring herself to touch them. We had a big laugh over that. They seemed to have fun - that's the most important thing. We also watched some of the Olympics. They liked providing commentary on some of the events. It was interesting to hear their perspective.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
so....
life has gottena a tad interesting of late.
been evacuated (again) for the last few days
spent a lot of time trying to get ready to run outta here.
towed the trailer with the truc for its first journey with a cracked radiator and a power steering hose that leaks because i have been afraid to tear into it and not get it back together before the call came in.
anyways found the crack in the rad 🤣
pretty sure i got the hose for the power steering leak but at the hotel i am at right now no working on vehicles so...
i will try to tear in when i get back hopefully in the next couple days.
been countering offers with the owners of the ranch property the family is looking at hopefully soon to reach an agreement.
got a new computer slow as hell but it was cheap and i got a lot going on so...
so... missed a bunch of stuff around here but wanted to check in with you fine folk for a second
gotta run around some more and do stuff but i will be back soon
cant say i didnt warn ya ...

on the coffee front
i got my scotch before we fled but i forgot my covfefe :eek:
5 days without coffee. been pretty hectic and what not the last few days ...
anyways be back soon gotta deal with more of this nasty reality stuff 🤣

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I was wondering if that stuff was close to you Mr. Galt. I been seeing it on the news out here in Missouri and you were the first guy I thought of. Hopefully you get by with it and nothing to much goes wrong up there. Be safe my man.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
@john galt - Sorry to hear about the evacuation. Prayin' all will be well when it's over. No coffee? That has got to suck! Hang in there bud!!

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
the hardest part is the realization i have become addicted to coffee enough that i get a headache from running out!
anyways we made it back home but the wind has shifted and its pretty scary outside right now
it looks like its snowing but its all ash.
even the wid life is going nuts i went out and was all but attacked by a bat the squirrels were going ape **** earlier and it went from blue sky to brown ish red impenetrable yuk in about 20 minutes...
not sure what will come but i gotta get a couple new tires for the wifes car as one separated and damn near blew and i am not letting my wife try to flee a fire that is bearing down on us with a damn doughnut tire.
interestingly the hankooks that are going on tomorrow if the shop can get them in in time have a high mileage warranty than the car has on it now...
not sure i have ever done that before 🤣
oh and the family compund fell through for now but the search is still on.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
@john galt - Glad to hear you had a place to come back to. Sorry to hear about the smoke/ash, the renegade critters and the compound not working out. I hear Greenville is gone, much like Paradise is. Hopefully, soon, the blue skies will return, the critters will settle down and you'll have time to look for another place for your family compound. Today, we have a valley full of smoke, so on the way to work, I saw an 'orange' ball in the sky. No direct sunlight, only what's filtered by the smoke.
As always, you and the Mrs. be safe up there.

We've gone back to a modified work schedule due to the rise in the "D" variant. The admin and I are in everyday, but the others are on a 3-day rotation. May be reverting back to Zoom meetings too.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
thanks Darryl,
update 3.0 ...
smoke is actually starting to clear a little bit out there. no strong winds right now but they expect it to run straight at us!
fire is 11.4 miles as crow flies from me right now, greenville was erased...much like paradise.
q town (quincy) is in the line of fire but expected to hold ... of course they expected greenville to hold as well so...
some of the firefighters were on scene pulling hoses etc while on the phone filling their insurance claims...
our water tank is about dry so i gotta try to deal with that.
catch you guys later

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
finally a bit of good news
wind event they expected has passed early smoke is clearing some from this morning but
looks like a day they can get ahead of it
cal fire is working what i would call the wrong side of the fire no idea what our local of the fire from where it is looking to spread.
OUR LOCAL GUYS ARE BEAT UP damn caps lock...
some of the guys from greenville were picking up hose line while on the phone with their insurance companies filling their claims... that has to suck but they are right back at it again today with no breaks and kicking ***.
real American heroes i tell ya.
proud as i can be of these guys!
i hope it settles slows and they can get some tankers on this... partly for selfinsh reasons, but the thing that needs to happen most is we need to return to the forest circus doing fuel reduction
this would not be nearly as bad as it is if the feral gov would do their jobs properly instead of adopting a watch and see and let it burn policy...all for a number of political reasons.
we have been telling them this was coming as a direct result of their policy changes over the last 20 to 30 years but as always...it falls on deaf ears
alright rant over back to doing what i can to help talk later

Reactions: Got Dirt?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Man, sounds like you guys have your hands full. Been away - let's see if I can answer some questions.

The rack was the sturdiest (read most expensive) one I could find. I welded telescoping fold down stabilizer jacks to the bottom. then welded locking swivel casters to the bottoms of the jacks. They fold up for travel, then down for maneuvering the paramotor from truck hitch to garage. The prop is 130cm. I have yet to fly it; I will wait till my instructor inspects it for air worthiness (guys - trust me; you would not fly anything I touched I garrrronteeee!!!).

• Haha
Reactions: john galt
13181 - 13200 of 13263 Posts