Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

13081 - 13100 of 13128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,865 Posts
You computer killer!!! HAHAHA - It seems you and computers have a history.
Sounds like things are moving along on the homestead! Sorry to hear about the Mrs' tooth. Hope it isn't painful. Hopefully, it will get taken care of soon.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Finally...... I got a chance to "check in". Been super busy! The long weekend was very good!!! Memorial Day was a big deal at my house. Never told you guys but I lost my father on Jan 3rd. He would have been 96 on feb 28th. He was a veteran of WWII, Korean war and Vietnam. He was an amazing man and our hero. He had suffered a stroke on Father's day back in 2020. They released him to me on July 13th, 2020 which was mom and dad's 68th wedding anniversary. Because of my nursing background I was able to give him home care along with the help of my brother and sisters. Unfortunately, he suffered another stroke New Years Day. I had the most amazing year taking care of dad and we got plenty time to "say good bye". So many people died all alone due to zero visitation from family members. We insisted that papa be allowed to come home - what better place to spend your last days? Surrounded by loved ones - that was the best. I thought many times to let you guys know, as I knew you would offer comfort in your own ways. I know that; you are a great bunch of guys! So thank you for being there - you may not have known but you certainly did help me!!! For that I salute you.

·
Super Moderator
19,865 Posts
@Got Dirt? - Thank you for sharing that Joe. Your dad sounds like he was quite a guy! Serving his country in 3 different conflicts? He had to be a tough, brave man to do that. I'm glad you got to spend that time with him. I'm sure he appreciated it. I'm sure your Dad is Resting in Peace.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thank you Darryl. 🇺🇲

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
wow sorry about your dad joe,
i lost my father in 2012 and not a day goes by i dont wish i could talk to him one more time...
your dad sounds like a great guy who would have been a great influence growing up (which explains why we like you so much i suppose)
i know he is at peace and watching from on high and probably wondering...
what is Joe doing wasting time talking to this john galt character? 🤣

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
213 Posts
So thank you for being there - you may not have known but you certainly did help me!!! For that I salute you.
While not all Americans recognize it, we all owe a debt to men and women like your Dad who signed a blank check payable to the people of the United States of America. In my opinion, this is a debt we can never fully repay.

When they signed that check, they didn't know if the amount of it would be a few years of their life, many years of their life, or their very life itself.

For this, I salute your father and all those who served, and you also for being such a good son to a (perhaps unsung) American hero.

May God continue to bless you.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks Paul. That means so much to me. My pops taught me how to face my fears, to be honest, loyal and considerate towards others, to be loving, kind, and giving, and most of all to love this country - that was exactly who he was. Whenever I get sad, all I have to do is remember - then his pride and eternal spirit shines through, and the biggest smile comes on my face - it's just glorious!!!

Thanks again guys - you truly are a great bunch, and when you're not - you crack me up!!!! 🤣😜😂

·
Super Moderator
19,865 Posts
@Got Dirt? - What would your Dad have thought about you hanging from a wing with motor on your back?

My Dad (passed in 2011 @ 80 - Navy Veteran, served during the Korean Conflict (not in it)), would have probably wanted to, at least once, fly one of my UAVs. He wasn't a shoulda/woulda/coulda guy. He'd do something when he had a chance so he could say "Been there, done that" even if it was only once.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh yeah! Pop's knew about my dreams of flight since I was a kid and he knew that I wanted to purchase a paramotor - he was cool about it! Wasn't overtly excited about it but didn't hate it.

Darryl, I'm sure your dad was great!!! Probably would have gotten a kick out of all the drone tech!!!

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Super Moderator
19,865 Posts
My Dad was pretty much a self-taught guy. Quit school to join the Navy - When I was about 5, he went to night school to get his High School diploma. He was an avid reader. I was reading the "Spirit of St. Louis" by Charles Lindbergh (over 500 pages) in high school. He saw I had it. My Mom was out of town. He sat down on a Friday night to read it before I went to bed. When I got up Saturday morning he was 2/3 of the way through it. He'd stayed up all night reading. He finished the whole book that weekend. I didn't take after my Dad in that regard. I had to renew my 2-week check out of the book to finish it. HAHAHAHA. So, I have no doubt you're right about the drone tech - He'd be wanting me to hold a 'mini flight school' on the "How-does-it?" tech, the FAA rules, etc.

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
my Dad was a rare gem to be sure
had the highest clearance in the state of california met with countless govs and presidents worked with spooks from every alphabet you ever heard of and many you havent. and designed some of the craziest things out there still today that we cant talk about.
he could take anything apart and make it better with parts from the garage. 🤣
in fact the first tv we had in our house he built in the garage.
he was all set to deploy to korea went out got good and drunk and managed to roll his car and break his back so instead he went into technology development and electrical engineering.
he has designs in everything from the cruise to the stealth and pretty much anything inbetween.
he was tesla smart (yea...i guess it skips a generation) and even worked with and on some tesla tech back in the day.
anyway i sure miss being abe to ask his opinion on stuff.

·
Super Moderator
19,865 Posts
JG - your Dad had it figured it out. He KNEW stuff!!!

I think the thing I miss the most - Even though he's been gone since '11, ever once in a while, I'm doing something and think I should talk to Dad about it. Then back to reality.

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
yep he was always disappointed i didnt go to looneyversity. but in the end he understood it wasnt the same as it had been when he got multiple phds.
my mom had a masters before she became a wife and mother
nad me...
my idea of a good time is riding on a bus with a bunch of others who like to lick windows and drink widexaritas 🤣

Reactions: Got Dirt?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I always chewed the same gum I had under the seat - strange how it always seamed to move and the best part was it always tasted different!!!! One time I tried to stick my bare behind out the window, but I forgot to let it down, and left a long skid mark on it from NYC to LA. I hope that wasn't one of the windows you licked John.
:poop: j/k

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
that could explain a few lingering questions :eek: j/k
so my birthday is coming up and i broke down and got myself a pressure washer to celebrate another successful trip around the sun.
cant wait to get it together and try it out but we are on water restrictions so i need to look into that first.
i dont want to be the guy that lowers the water tank level just as we are heading into fire season again

·
Registered
749 Posts
Purchased a cheapo (chinneeze) from Amazoom and the POS works ok!!! I think they also save on water??? Anybody know for sure???? The hose is PVC and is on a reel. That sob gets real stiff-like when its cold out. Hehe.......cold - here in SoCal that means anything below 60*. Brrrrrrrhahaha!!!

Happy Birthday ya Oldie but Goody!!!

You don't have a well up there?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh yeah! My paramotor arrives tomorrow!!!! Brown Santa will be delivering 3 large boxes. Made in the USA baby!!!!!! The best part (or not so best) is that I get to put it all together. That way if it all falls apart in the sky it's solely my fault - oooops...........no oooops please!!!!

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
Purchased a cheapo (chinneeze) from Amazoom and the POS works ok!!! I think they also save on water??? Anybody know for sure???? The hose is PVC and is on a reel. That sob gets real stiff-like when its cold out. Hehe.......cold - here in SoCal that means anything below 60*. Brrrrrrrhahaha!!!

Happy Birthday ya Oldie but Goody!!!

You don't have a well up there?
i got the cheappo from harbor freight and i can tell ya...that thing rocks.
works better with a good foam cannon off scamazon than the car wash in town!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Going to a wedding today.............................so thrilled.................................wish me luck that I don't over-do-it on the food and booze.......................yeah right......................
😒

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
of course to be fair...the car wash in our little town...kinda sucks.

guess that didnt post yesterday...nice of my computer to save it for me 🤣
good luck on not geetting hammered at the wedding :p

13081 - 13100 of 13128 Posts