Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

12541 - 12560 of 12611 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Figuring out a way to make some $ since fewer people are driving.....fewer speeding tickets, fewer drunk drivers, fewer accidents. I get we have a hunker down order and people have to get used to something we've never had to deal with in our lifetimes and I understand SOME people will push the limits, there should be some tolerance that people are getting cabin fever. Maybe a deadline warning. AFTER this date, you will be cited.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Saw on the news today cops arresting a guy that was surfing........alone...........in the middle of the ocean..........alone............. But you can still go out and buy weed. In my day surfing and weed were mutually inclusive. 🤪

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
This is getting nuts. An article I read, a dad was handcuffed (3 officers in 2 cruisers) in front of his wife and daughter for being a wide open 40-acre park in Colorado. AND he and his family were staying apart from one another. They eventually un-cuffed him. No citation, no apology from the officers. Someone else recorded it. So...the police department did apologize and is "investigating the incident."

Here in Sacramento County, effective last night through May 1st, has issued tighter restrictions on people being out and about. County offices are now to reduce to "essential operations only." Everyone is to maximize working from home. You can go to the park and such, BUT no more than 5 people "together" as long as you maintain 6' between everyone. They are telling homeless to find shelter, if possible, but at least, increase the space between tents in encampments to 12' in any direction. They now want us to wear "masks," which is basically any face coverings when out in stores and such.

Since I have to get this report done for the department that funds our grants, I am in the office. As soon as it's done, I'm WFM again probably for duration. We do have Zoom meetings at least once a week so we can still remember what each other looks like, not that they need to see this ol' mug. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Well, they did it - Word came down today our buildings, starting Monday, will be closed. ALL staff will be working from home for an undetermined time. Apparently, with the worst of the "virus curve" is imminent. So, headquarters, citing keeping employees safe, are sending everyone home for the time being. It's a good thing, but it will make working to finish the report my boss and I are trying to wrap up a bit more difficult. But...the internet is a wonderful thing. You can send files back & forth, attend Zoom meetings and emails. Who needs to be in the office? HAHAHAHA

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Actually had to drive to work today. I almost had to break out the GPS! 🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Same boat in Idaho. Stay at home extended to end of this month. People are getting wrestles. I’ll admit working from home has saved me a ton if gas money but I’ll bet I gained a pound or two too hahahahaha.

I’m personally feeling nothing will get more relaxed till the middle of next month but I’m remaining optimistic and Just going to see how it goes. Very blessed to be able to work from home so even a bad day is a good day if you’re still working these days.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
Same boat in Idaho. Stay at home extended to end of this month. People are getting wrestles. I’ll admit working from home has saved me a ton if gas money but I’ll bet I gained a pound or two too hahahahaha.

I’m personally feeling nothing will get more relaxed till the middle of next month but I’m remaining optimistic and Just going to see how it goes. Very blessed to be able to work from home so even a bad day is a good day if you’re still working these days.
I'm with you there. I want to get back to the office regularly, but not so soon we could push the numbers back up again and then end up in round 2 of Stay at home. Like you, I am glad I CAN work at home when so many others don't have that option. Fingers crossed!!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Congratulations to you and your Mrs. with your anniversary! :)

I travel down to Monterey area frequently but not for romantic reasons. I stop by the aquarium and always visit a friend and clean up his grave marker at the old cemetery past the golf course on Asilomar. Poor guy was a coworker of mine who was electrocuted at a 3 alarm fire in Los Gatos back in 2005. I was almost killed trying to save him, why I survived is anyone’s guess. Nonetheless Pre Covid I would travel down there every month or so if not more to clean up his marker like I mentioned above and fill him in on what has been happening with all of his old coworkers. Really helps my PTSD to visit him.
BTL

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
i sorry but thats crazy... like daryl said just trying to make money off the people they are supposed to serve.
i dont see sitting in the truck watching the sun set as a hazardous cross contamination event...
but maybe thats just me

Figuring out a way to make some $ since fewer people are driving.....fewer speeding tickets, fewer drunk drivers, fewer accidents. I get we have a hunker down order and people have to get used to something we've never had to deal with in our lifetimes and I understand SOME people will push the limits, there should be some tolerance that people are getting cabin fever. Maybe a deadline warning. AFTER this date, you will be cited.
yea if anyone is going to overreact and exploit the freedoms of others it would be the guv nuisance nazi pelosi crowd for sure...
that said the social distancing thing i find kind of odd especially when they are calling for less tha half the distance a cough or sneeze would travel calling for masks that serve no purpose with a virus other than to make the sheeple feel safer... its just weird to me..
but hey to be honest...i already spend most of my time alone in the woods so it hasnt really effected me very much at all

I travel down to Monterey area frequently but not for romantic reasons. I stop by the aquarium and always visit a friend and clean up his grave marker at the old cemetery past the golf course on Asilomar. Poor guy was a coworker of mine who was electrocuted at a 3 alarm fire in Los Gatos back in 2005. I was almost killed trying to save him, why I survived is anyone’s guess. Nonetheless Pre Covid I would travel down there every month or so if not more to clean up his marker like I mentioned above and fill him in on what has been happening with all of his old coworkers. Really helps my PTSD to visit him.
BTL
its tough burrying friend and cohorts ide say it gets easier...but ide be ling.
glad you can take care of his marker i dont even et to visit my failies markers much so...
good on ya man

·
Registered
583 Posts
We are playing out this leftist wet-dream - no one driving around is exactly the New Green Deal; no fossil fuels, no emissions. Being at home all day and getting $$$ from the government - rationing tp and food; sounds just like communism to me. And folks, that's exactly what they want for us.

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts

BTL
Thanks for the well wishes!

Sorry about your friend. Good for you for going there to take care of things. I'm sure you're going to let him know all about this virus thing when you're there next.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
That will be a big part of the conversation, he is probably wondering why I have not stopped by lately.
BTL

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
i sorry but thats crazy... like daryl said just trying to make money off the people they are supposed to serve.
i dont see sitting in the truck watching the sun set as a hazardous cross contamination event...
but maybe thats just me

yea if anyone is going to overreact and exploit the freedoms of others it would be the guv nuisance nazi pelosi crowd for sure...
that said the social distancing thing i find kind of odd especially when they are calling for less tha half the distance a cough or sneeze would travel calling for masks that serve no purpose with a virus other than to make the sheeple feel safer... its just weird to me..
but hey to be honest...i already spend most of my time alone in the woods so it hasnt really effected me very much at all

BTL
its tough burrying friend and cohorts ide say it gets easier...but ide be ling.
glad you can take care of his marker i dont even et to visit my failies markers much so...
good on ya man

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I already have some .223 on the way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Before the iron curtain falls back down

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I'm not at liberty to say

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm not at liberty to say

Don't have to say what capacity - Just reference a fruit - such as "banana" clip haha :whistle::p

12541 - 12560 of 12611 Posts