Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have water toys? My love since about 5 is being on the water and going fast. I grew up around jet boats but wanted something more nimble and easier on the wallet.

Last year I picked up a 2012 Yamaha FZS. It is mildly modified and has around 265 hp, ski will do 74mph on GPS all day long and gets there very quickly. Here is a picture of it as well as the trailer I built for it last winter.

If anyone ever wants to build something out of metal let me know... its a new hobby but I love doing it. My next project will be rock slider / steps for the truck.

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
thats awesome. Ive been looking at some jet skis on craigslist lately

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
We have a 2012 Mastercraft X14V a 2 seater and a 3 seater turbo honda jetski and a 24' pontoon which we hope to be replacing this year.

no pics of the jet skis

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
oh and that's the nicest jet ski trailer I've ever seen

Reactions: r33pwrd

·
Anti-Hashtag Member
2,150 Posts
Gambler with a 2.5 merc with 260 offshore mods

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats awesome. Ive been looking at some jet skis on craigslist lately
there is a lean Honda F12 on there... not a rocket but a great machine!

Used ones in the NW are always high priced to me but there is usually a deal to be had.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a 2012 Mastercraft X14V a 2 seater and a 3 seater turbo honda jetski and a 24' pontoon which we hope to be replacing this year.
very nice! I would love a pontoon but we camp a lot and it makes getting two trailers over pretty difficult... Friend of mine just bought a new mastercraft. Very nice boats!

·
Premium Member
6,449 Posts
Anyone here have water toys? My love since about 5 is being on the water and going fast. I grew up around jet boats but wanted something more nimble and easier on the wallet.

Last year I picked up a 2012 Yamaha FZS. It is mildly modified and has around 265 hp, ski will do 74mph on GPS all day long and gets there very quickly. Here is a picture of it as well as the trailer I built for it last winter.

If anyone ever wants to build something out of metal let me know... its a new hobby but I love doing it. My next project will be rock slider / steps for the truck.

Brad
Very nice! Diesel Matt, myself, and others(not sure if this will be a g2g or not) are going to Wynoochee Lake rec area for mem day weekend. The water will be a lil cold but there's a boat launch and plenty of boats out there. If no plans you're more than welcome to come hang out! We're going up the Wednesday before mem day cause the campground kinda small and our trailers only fit into a few spots. Loop A is reservable tho.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the offer, I think we are headed east of the mountains (Desert Aire) that weekend but I will let you know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had an '87 Glastron with 200hp Johnson 2 stroke, did about 60 across Lake Washington. Slowed down a bit with a 2 year old, 15' Lund with 25hp Johnson. And its more friendly with crab pots!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had an '87 Glastron with 200hp Johnson 2 stroke, did about 60 across Lake Washington. Slowed down a bit with a 2 year old, 15' Lund with 25hp Johnson. And its more friendly with crab pots!
Ya we sold our boat when we had our first but both kids now love the ski... I would love another boat but the wife is not a boat fan.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Just bought an 07 RXP with a riva stage 2 kit on it. Excited to see what it will do in the water, should have it in this weekend.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Never had any water toys, but my dad is throwing around the ideas for jet skis. We're into hill climbing/mud, so it would be an odd change. Haha.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
We have a Honda R12x and F12x. Both turbo charged one 2 seater and one three seater. They are absolutely awesome. We have a sea doo and ever since we had a youth lake day and one of the counselors revved it up on a sand bar it has never been right. Up until that point it was very reliable. We then bought two wave runners and they were complete junk so we sold them and ended up with the hondas which so far have been great.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just bought an 07 RXP with a riva stage 2 kit on it. Excited to see what it will do in the water, should have it in this weekend.
should be fun! check out greenhulk.net for lots of good info.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never had any water toys, but my dad is throwing around the ideas for jet skis. We're into hill climbing/mud, so it would be an odd change. Haha.
I have had quads as well. I like both but the water toys are easier for me to use as there are lakes all over the place and off road places are an hour plus :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have a Honda R12x and F12x. Both turbo charged one 2 seater and one three seater. They are absolutely awesome. We have a sea doo and ever since we had a youth lake day and one of the counselors revved it up on a sand bar it has never been right. Up until that point it was very reliable. We then bought two wave runners and they were complete junk so we sold them and ended up with the hondas which so far have been great.
The Seadoo possibly got overheated from sand in the pickup? not sure what Yamahas you have but all 5+ of mine have always been very reliable. The Hondas are cool its to bad they could not sell them :(

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I cant remember which models they were. One was a purple 2 seater and the other was a green 3 seater. I know the only thing we would buy now is honda or sea doo. The sea doo was trashed after that. They put 2 new jet drives in it then ended up completely rebuilding it and it still wont run worth a dam. It's just sitting in the drive way.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I cant remember which models they were. One was a purple 2 seater and the other was a green 3 seater. I know the only thing we would buy now is honda or sea doo. The sea doo was trashed after that. They put 2 new jet drives in it then ended up completely rebuilding it and it still wont run worth a dam. It's just sitting in the drive way.
I'm thinking those Yamahas where two strokes and you are comparing them to 4 strokes. To be honest Yamaha is usually though of as the reliable ski, most rental fleets run Yamaha but some are now starting to use Seadoo as well(Honda is not in the mix as they stopped building skis years ago)

Send that Seadoo to me I will get it running for you :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts