Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ? I have an Egt gauge and do monitor it closley but am interested in installing an electrical water temp guage, just curious where is the best location to install the temp sender on a 6.0l Also I never really hear too much mention of having them in there rigs and wondering why?

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
or you could get a bully dog monitor or the quadzilla commander monitors. they do the same thing, just plug in. they also have mounts for them to

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to consider a Scan Guage II (ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool)

I just installed one and am monitoring my volts, coolant temp, and other parameters... plugs right into your OBDII Port.
That scanguage II does look pretty interesting but have been looking to put a guage in the blank cutout on my dash, where the 2wd 4wd selector would be for awhile now, mine has a manual T-case. Any other ideas on where to thread in a temp sender:dunno: Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There is a plug on the driver side of the block towards the rear of the block that you can remove to install the temp sender.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Those OBDII plug in gauges are very sweet. Now I am interested!! Dang it!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a plug on the driver side of the block towards the rear of the block that you can remove to install the temp sender.
Thanks Dude! That was exactly what I was looking for:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts