Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if such an animal exists? I want to mount another set of gauges I purchased overhead but the water temp cord to the probe is only 6ft. I need it extended. I can't find anything on it anywhere. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Just get yourself some wire and connectors and make one. It's simple.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says don't cut into the wire because it's filled with something - I don't have the instructions with me, so I don't recall off the top of my head what it was.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Just looked on ISSPRO's site. Cant find anything like that

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks - thanks guys. Guess I'm STUCK having to mount them elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - I already bought them and really like them. They'll go well with my A-Pillar gauges. Plus I've already soldered and used heat shrink on the lighting wires. I just can't believe that something so seemingly simple was never invented. I'll just suck it up and place 'em down low.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
what kinda gauge is it? i have a autometer and the probe that came with it is a wire atatchment type deal...you screw the probe in, and then just run a wire from the probe to the gauge....right? unless issypro is diff

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are "iEquus" water, volt and oil, triple mechanical gauge set. The instructions say:
"CAUTION: The capillary tube is a sealed, pressurized tube that is filled with Ether gas. NEVER CUT THE TUBE OR ATTEMPT TO REMOVE IT FROM THE GAUGE PORT."

Kinda sucks. :)

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called their Tech Support - I'm s.o.l. If I cut it, it's ruined. And they don't make it any longer, or make an adapter. I'll suck it up and mount it low.

Thanks everyone!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts