Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I noticed that I have alot of water spots on my hood. :( What do you guys use or recommend to get rid of them? :dunno: Thanks for the help!

Shane

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
i have that same prob. i bet you notice it alot more with a dark truck, i got some of that eagle one wax as you dry stuff it works ok but if i towel off the truck after i wash it i usually dont get them too bad, vinegar works on the windshield but i was told not to use it on the paint

·
Registered
98 Posts
A clay bar is the best way to get rid of water spots. The clay bar will come with a solution that you spray on the truck and it acts like a lubricant. You then rub the piece of clay all of the truck and it will remove all the crap that has accumulated on the paint of the truck. This will leave the truck with really smooth feeling paint.

Hope that helps,
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
A clay bar is the best way to get rid of water spots. The clay bar will come with a solution that you spray on the truck and it acts like a lubricant. You then rub the piece of clay all of the truck and it will remove all the crap that has accumulated on the paint of the truck. This will leave the truck with really smooth feeling paint.

Hope that helps,
Mike
yep a clay bar will do wonders for you, Make sure you put on a good wax after you get done with the clay bar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.