Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their a water seperator on my truck? Where is it located? How do i drain it? My truck is stock besides the mods i have listed below

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
im not totally sure but on the fuel filter housing there should be a yellow handle on the backside of the housing if you turn it (backwards towards the truck) it will leak fuel out and that is how you drain the water

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
is that the inline one?? cause i know my truck has the little nob but that doesent drain water???

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
is that the inline one?? cause i know my truck has the little nob but that doesent drain water???
My 97 has the yellow valve on the side of the fuel filter housing, it is the water seperator valve. Any water in the fuel is trapped there and is removed when you drain it. (along with some fuel) when it gets empty it stops. Of course if you have water in the fuel tank etc. then removal of the tank and clean is probably the way to go

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
turn the yellow lever towards the back of the truck, and then back to the orginal position after a few seconds. Water is heavier than diesel, so it will settle to the bottom of the fuel bowl.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea thats what i thought i always turn my key on for a few seconds and pump a little in there always seems to help prolly not the best with the expensive fuel lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
when should you do this???

·
Registered
523 Posts
I do it at least every oil change, some will say that is to often, or not often enough, but that is how I remember to do it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How would it hurt??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
it wouldnt i do it every oil change or if i know that i got a bad batch of fuel or something i people that never do it so i dont know

·
Registered
214 Posts
i just do it when the light comes on lol i have only seen it once. it cant hurt just loose a little fuel

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my 95 does have that yellow lever on the side of the fuel bowl. if i do move towards the truck where will it drain too?

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
shold be a small drain hose hanging underneath/ or to the front of the engine(?). It will leak onto the ground or into your floor unless you use a drain pan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts