Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
No, they're not interconnected in any way but the fill locations are very near each other and it has been known to happen. With that amount of non-diesel is just really hard to imagine that it came from a commercial pump.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The DEF tank is not connected to the fuel tank, it's a line which goes into an injector that spray DEF in the exhaust to burn the soot off. If DEF was in your tank, you'd know it in a hurry. Very shocked if it was water and the rest of your fuel system is still fine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When I was 16 I worked at a gas station. We were supposed to do “water dips” every night. We’d put some kind of gel like substance on the end of a long measuring stick and dip it all the way to the bottom of the tank. The gel would turn colour and let us know how much water was in the underground tank. I don’t remember how high of level we were allowed but I know damn near all the employees didn’t do the dips. It’s quite possible that you got that much water from a fuel station but I just can’t believe the truck didn’t throw warnings, run rough or blow the CP4. Weird situation for sure.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts