Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search,but this new format (haven't been on in a while) is not working out for me very well. I used a advance search under all 6.0 sub forums and didn't come up with much.

Truck is a 07' w/ 39k miles, I am about to do a coolant drain to replace a hose that has a pin hole leak and some other things. While the coolant is drained (has had elc for the last 15k-20k miles) I was thinking about installing a dieselsite water pump with the steel impeller. Whats the feedback on that specific water pump? I know the factory one is prone to failing and mine isn't leaking or anything,but due to the age I rather swap it out now while the coolant is drained. I would like to get a bpd water pump, but that is too rich for my blood at the moment. Are the dieselsite water pumps junk,problematic etc?

Thanks for any help!

·
'consent of the governed'
5,667 Posts
I have the BPD pump but have heard good things about the that pump on here. If that helps.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I don’t think the factory pump is prone to failure, but if its were it to you, go for it. I switched mine to the BPD pump, and the diesel site pump is metal, just like the BPD. While the pump is out, I recommend scuffing the belt glazing off the water pump pulley. That was the source of a whistle under load.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts