Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am considering going with a water methanol setup on my truck for mpg and slight power gains, and researching found this guy on youtube talking about quenching. He says in the video his nozzle is 10 gallons per minute. That cant be right... can it? So basically the question is, how much does it use? The truck is currently a daily driver, and I cant see filling it up all the time. Also, is running 100% water a bad thing, because I am a cheap bastard! :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Look at the Products from Cooling Mist. Great pumps and innovative controllers!!!

Running straight water will not harm the motor.

You will want your system to be controlled by boost. This will ensure you have enough heat and pressure in your i/c pipe when the injection starts. You can run up to 50% water/methanol with little problems...jut have your tuning tweeked for it.

Remember it's should be used as a cooling agent NOT a power adder..if that is what your running it for just run straight water and yor good to go.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would also look at Water Injection, Methanol Injection, Alcohol Injection Systems | water injection Coolingmist

I have testing many systems on the market over the years, and cooling mist is far and above better.

I would differ on the 50% comment, simply because years ago I was involved in cylinder pressure testing with water injection...30% requires no tuning changes, above 40% and the cylinder pressures can spike quickly...

Water is great, I used to run thru 10 gallons in about 400-500 miles depending on the load and temp. I now rarely use it, tuning has come along way, injectors and turbocharging are at a good level now to where even dragging 14-18k at 350-400hp I can keep the EGT's in check without it.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
One more for coolingmist....I have their setup and love it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People use it on daily drivers for better mpg right?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
People use it on daily drivers for better mpg right?
I would not count on it giving you any MPG effect... And you then have yet another tank to fill up...

Reactions: Chatham036

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, back to the OP, asking how quick it goes through the concoction. Thanks for your help, Im not gonna get one until I start towing heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts