Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Propane is for barbeques. Stick with Water/Meth.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
what other mods do you have? And what is your end goal?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Other mods is a good question. But as a general answer I would agree Water/Meth. Cheap, easier to store and safer.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Water/meth but please mainly use it for cooling not because you want a huge boost of power

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have much done. Bigger exhaust, Intake, And edge chip. Im Looking for more power and more fuel mileage. I know with propane you can get up to 10 more mpg but dont know what water/meth will do. Also both system help the fuel burn more completely which in turns give better fuel milage. But i do alot of towing, That what im wondering which is better. One of my friends said water/meth might be cheaper to run than propane.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Everything that I have read up on in the past about propane is that it is really bad! Something about causing microcracks in the block and engine parts. water meth is good but with your mods your not going to really benefit from using it. If your dead set on one or the other then my vote is meth. But if your looking to be steered in the right direction for the best gains, post up what your willing to spend, fill out your sig, and some people on here will point you in the best direction for your budget and goals.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Id like to put it into my truck now becuse i have been building a new motor. Brand new crate motor with new head studs, high preformance hpop, stage 2 injector, still looking for a turbo dont know what kind i want. All this with a 5 speed manual. But like i said for now i just want more out of this motor.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I would get custom tunes before I threw meth at it. Where did you get the crate motor?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Stick with water injection you will see a nice decrease in temps while towing and if you add a small amount of easer fluid you will pick up some power as well

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You can use straight water or mix it with winter blend washer fluid as long as it contains methanol in it, you don't want to run a lot of meth as it can tear things up

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Please don't tell me you got stage 2 injectors. What a waste. Propane is a bad idea. Period. Search it and you'll find out why. Water method is made for cooling egt's. If you're looking for hp and mpg improvements you WILL be disappointed. You wont get it. Before you do anything else whatsoever, lose the edge. You NEED custom tunes. Your truck will NOT run right with bigger injectors and no custom tuning.

Do some researching before making decisions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts