Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a snow pro water meth injection. From what I have read so far, I haven't read anything bad about it. It says that you get better mileage, and up to 75 more hp. Can anyone out there tell me if they have installed this. I am just looking for some more power. I have stock turbo, and injectors. I have TS performance chip, 4in turbo backed exhaust and cold air. Nothing much, just want something else, and for the price I am leaning towards this. Just let me know your feedback, or if there is anything else out there to look at.

Thanks guys

·
im fat and ugly
15,689 Posts
ive got it not on a 7.3 but i really like it and its a good mod for a lil more power and lowering egts, i havent had dyno #s to show gains but its cut close to a half second on my 1/4 mile

·
Registered
193 Posts
look for user CSPID or CSIPID something like that..
Joe has a lot of working knowledge about water injection , and some good knowledge as far as weather a snow is good or bad.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would steer away from Snows junk... There fittings are all junk plastic, there pump is a modded water pump, puts out about 35 psi when I checked it... There controlers are out of date, and there service after the sale SUCKS!

Water Injection, Methanol Injection systems | Coolingmist is who I recomend and use. I slowly replaced all the snows crap over a year with theres. MUCH better!!!

You will see 0 milage gain from water injection, nothing. You will see little if any gain in HP running water. With 40% meth I saw 40hp on the dyno. Now that was with Snows CRAP so now it might be somewhat higher.

Dont do it for HP. IF you are having an issue with EGT's then add it. Otherwise save your money a bit more and get a turbo, injectors or Fuel system.

If you do get it, get a big tank, 6-8 gallons will last about 300-400 miles. The WW fluid res will be empty in 20...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool guys thanks for all the input. I don't have a egt problem, so I guess it wouldn't be the right choice yet, and I am looking for more HP. So I will end up just saving my money for a new turbo, or injectors. Probably a new turbo first. Thanks again guys. And CSIPSD thanks for the coolmist link.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would agree, save a bit for something else, Fuel system would be a great upgrade!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts