Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys mount your pumps at? I want to mount mine under the hood being that I am going to be using the windshield reservoir. Im looking forward to the water meth install!:icon_ford: Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Only place I could find to mount it cleanly is inside the left front wheel well. Behind the guard, on the cab near the driver door. I can get a shot of it when I get the truck back if you like. I spent a good hour trying to find a solid place for it, and that was the best I could come up with without moving anything else around. There is surprisingly little room under the hood for such things! I am having a custom tank built to fit behind the seat in my single cab. The small one that came with my kit needs to be filled all the time, and I don't even have the biggest jets in it!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Did mine under my intake, tucked to the fender panel

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Mine is under the drivers door, on the frame... Might rethink the windshield washer res as a supply, unless your just looking to use it for power (which I do not recommend) as you will be filling it every 50-100 miles at most.

10 gallons would last me 400 miles or so when I was running lots of water.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So then what are your thoughts on a tank?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I have a 10 gallon tank mounted in my toolbox. However I have made several 4-8gallon tanks out of 6" PVC with caps glued on it and bolted to the frame under the truck. Then a small fill valve that comes up into the wheel well or even just under the truck that you fill with a hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts